Happy Independence Day

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to sure there was a lot of planning over the last 50 years. Seems like we just threw all the ideas into a pot stirred it and what happened is what happened. 

Best wishes to everyone on this flag day!  including you funny Brits  :classic_tongue:

May not be much power,  but some very cool looking cars, nevertheless. All you need to do is to transplant a 4 cylinder 2.3L 350 horsepower EcoBoost engine for a fun, and cool looking, ride.

Down with the British - :biggrin: - no taxation without representation 

I hope ya'aawll doin fine over there without us  :thumb:
Thank you for the reminding us that we should be celebrating our independence as Americans.   I'm surprised that we are even having a 4th of July this year.  Been waiting for some religion, ethnic, political, gender, or other group to protest and have it removed from our holidays or have it renamed some funky name.       

Thank you for the reminding us that we should be celebrating our independence as Americans.   I'm surprised that we are even having a 4th of July this year.  Been waiting for some religion, ethnic, political, gender, or other group to protest and have it removed from our holidays or have it renamed some funky name.       
Or a third bad alien invasion movie...

Down with the British - :biggrin: - no taxation without representation 

I hope ya'aawll doin fine over there without us  :thumb:
I've spent most of the past week watching a series about a guy that quit his job, sold his house and bought a 56' narrowboat to cruise the narrowboat canals. 

Interesting, but very low key. Some would say boring, but it's a different side of British culture and a bit of industrial revolution history.

I have noticed that if I fall asleep after about 3 episodes a night, I sleep pretty good....

It's a good job you did kick us out - otherwise these forums would be filled with these cars  ---there's  more horse power in a food blender.

View attachment 52844
Well, it is a 68!! F reg. Lovely little car........... if you didn't mind going up a small hill in first gear.

The Brits have a fourth of July?  No shit?

And a 5th and a 6th just like everyone else in the world.   :biggrin:  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HA,HA now that was funny. 

Actually 4th of July should be a bad day for me  :classic_blink: - because I feel I was born on the wrong side of the Atlantic - :classic_wacko: - my heart is over there where you are. If King George III wasn't such a dickhead, I could be here or over there.. I'd be able to make the choice. 

But ....ooooooooooh ! no ! ... A lover of Nascar - and a big Waltrip, Earnhardt  & Wallace fan - I had the privilege of driving Texas Motor speedway in 2014 _ I managed 30 laps until my legs were like jelly - It was done with previous years car with a coach/trainer...and when you hit turn 3 expect head to be pulled from shoulders. Which is why I have so much respect for those drivers doing 200+laps. . I  Love Stangs, Challengers Chargers, Impalas, Stingrays, Wildcats, Trans Ams, Ford Torinos, Fairlane's, Buick Skylarks, Riviera's, and Chevy Bel Airs - even 51 Mercury's   I absolutely detest and hate puerile, mundane, humdrum, dreary Brit/Euro-shit-box cars (look up Morris Marina - nuff said) 

I love baseball --I  "HATE Cricket" ...anyone liking Cricket is a satanic genetic disorder-  that should be sacrificed to the gods by hurling them into a volcano

...so the cosmic question ..WTF happened ? :classic_huh:    :classic_wacko:    :classic_blink:    :classic_wacko:

A friend of mine in New Hampshire said...it's because god wanted me to know what "Pissed off" properly feels like.  :thumb: =

I need a Psychiatrist(shrink) because my dream job is to buy 18 acres of Alabama real estate and run a junkyard ...but have a corner devoted to top end shiny Mustangs and Mopar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually 4th of July should be a bad day for me  :classic_blink: - because I feel I was born on the wrong side of the Atlantic - :classic_wacko: - my heart is over there where you are. If King George III wasn't such a dickhead, I could be here or over there.. I'd be able to make the choice. 

But ....ooooooooooh ! no ! ... A lover of Nascar - and a big Waltrip, Earnhardt  & Wallace fan - I had the privilege of driving Texas Motor speedway in 2014 _ I managed 30 laps until my legs were like jelly - It was done with previous years car with a coach/trainer...and when you hit turn 3 expect head to be pulled from shoulders. Which is why I have so much respect for those drivers doing 200+laps. . I  Love Stangs, Challengers Chargers, Impalas, Stingrays, Wildcats, Trans Ams, Ford Torinos, Fairlane's, Buick Skylarks, Riviera's, and Chevy Bel Airs - even 51 Mercury's   I absolutely detest and hate puerile, mundane, humdrum, dreary Brit/Euro-shit-box cars (look up Morris Marina - nuff said) 

I love baseball --I  "HATE Cricket" ...anyone liking Cricket is a demotic genetic disorder-  that should be sacrificed to the gods by hurling them into a volcano

...so the cosmic question ..WTF happened ? :classic_huh:    :classic_wacko:    :classic_blink:    :classic_wacko:

A friend of mine in New Hampshire said...it's because god wanted me to know what "Pissed off" properly feels like.  :thumb: =

I need a Psychiatrist(shrink) because my dream job is to buy 18 acres of Alabama real estate and run a junkyard ...but have a corner devoted to top end shiny Mustangs and Mopar.
So what is holding you up?  If my memory serves me right you play the guitar so why not  have another "British Invasion" and make millions having the young ladies screaming at the top of their lungs "we love you 1sostatic".  :whistling:   But seriously,  you not getting any younger and if there isn't a real reason to stay then why not start a new chapter in your life and make the move.  Nothing worse than going through life regretting the things you didn't do. I saw your you tube video during the covid lockdown and with your electronic knowledge finding a job or starting your own business would be no problem.     

So what is holding you up?  If my memory serves me right you play the guitar so why not  have another "British Invasion" and make millions having the young ladies screaming at the top of their lungs "we love you 1sostatic".  :whistling:   But seriously,  you not getting any younger and if there isn't a real reason to stay then why not start a new chapter in your life and make the move.  Nothing worse than going through life regretting the things you didn't do. I saw your you tube video during the covid lockdown and with your electronic knowledge finding a job or starting your own business would be no problem.     
 Yes indeed. THAT is exactly why I got the F*** out of Britain and moved to Canada ( I could have gone somewhere a lot warmer, I hate winter!)

Back in the late 60's early 70's, although it was a great time to be alive, I got totally frustrated with Britain and its politics, labour unrest, you name it. After several months working as a Deep Sea Diver out of Norway, returning to Britain opened my eyes and it was not long before I found a job I was qualified for, College education paying off, and moved out. Yes, I actually had to have a JOB, money and a place to stay back in those days to qualify for immigrant status. The ONLY part I regret is not seeing my family and life long friends as often as I would like. Oh, and beer that actually has flavour.

If you don't like your life, change it. The choices you make determine the way you live!

Yes indeed. THAT is exactly why I got the F*** out of Britain and moved to Canada ( I could have gone somewhere a lot warmer, I hate winter!)

Back in the late 60's early 70's, although it was a great time to be alive, I got totally frustrated with Britain and its politics, labour unrest, you name it. After several months working as a Deep Sea Diver out of Norway, returning to Britain opened my eyes and it was not long before I found a job I was qualified for, College education paying off, and moved out. Yes, I actually had to have a JOB, money and a place to stay back in those days to qualify for immigrant status. The ONLY part I regret is not seeing my family and life long friends as often as I would like. Oh, and beer that actually has flavour.

If you don't like your life, change it. The choices you make determine the way you live!
Hahaha. Canada is for the hearty, indeed. Wouldn’t live anywhere else, personally. Britain is a nice place to visit…

Back