Has anyone tried CHI 208 heads and intake for EFI?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 Vert
4R70W
351C 2V 441 hp @ 6000 RPM
SEFI EEC-V (2004)
Weiand 7615 intake
Edlbrk 61629 heads
Icon flattops 10.66:1
Comp Hyd cam Hyd rollers
Hey gang, just working on a cleveland rebuild and I am running into supply troubles for an off-the-shelf EFI intake manifold. I looked at Trickflow but it sounds like they had a fire at one of the factories and are a few months away from being able to supply parts. If I go with a Weiand intake (the only thing available), I will have to get the port bungs welded in at extra cost and mate them up to Edelbrock heads. Total cost is looking to be about $5K CAD. The other option is to go with CHI (Cylinder Head Innovations). They have a couple of different heads that would be acceptable but I think having the potential to increase flow is attractive and I would likely go with the 208 heads over the 190's. Has anyone tried the 208 single plane intake with 208 heads with hydraulic rollers? The info sheet for CHI shows this combo coming in around 525hp with .6 lift. Wondering if this is accurate. The ole '73 isn't a light car so I think this combo might be just the way to go.

Hey gang, just working on a cleveland rebuild and I am running into supply troubles for an off-the-shelf EFI intake manifold. I looked at Trickflow but it sounds like they had a fire at one of the factories and are a few months away from being able to supply parts. If I go with a Weiand intake (the only thing available), I will have to get the port bungs welded in at extra cost and mate them up to Edelbrock heads. Total cost is looking to be about $5K CAD. The other option is to go with CHI (Cylinder Head Innovations). They have a couple of different heads that would be acceptable but I think having the potential to increase flow is attractive and I would likely go with the 208 heads over the 190's. Has anyone tried the 208 single plane intake with 208 heads with hydraulic rollers? The info sheet for CHI shows this combo coming in around 525hp with .6 lift. Wondering if this is accurate. The ole '73 isn't a light car so I think this combo might be just the way to go.
I have the same question my only issue is the CHI 3v heads have a tall intake manifold. I have a stock hood, wonder if anyone has put this combo on there car and not had fitment issues. .

Thanks all

I ended up going with Edelbrock heads and Weiand intake when they became available. At the time I was looking to start my rebuild the Chi 3V's were out of stock in North America and being made to order so shipping them was going to bring the tab to almost $8K with the intake, something I just couldn't justify.

I stepped down my power target on the rebuild to make the car friendly to drive since it will be my wife's car. She wouldn't enjoy a rough running street racer but the 441 hp on the Dyno will be very respectful once I finish the SEFI conversion. The Hedman headers I picked up come really close to the steering box on the drivers side so I am considering bending the #6 tube a bit before getting them coated but other than that they fit pretty good.

Back