Has anyone tried to save money on razors?

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
While grocery shopping the other day I noticed razor blades for the tried and true Gillette Mach 3 were over $17.00 for a 5 pack! I was too cheap to spend that kind of dough on razor blades. I have tried cheap blades with no satisfaction. I hate to say it is not the money, cause it sounds so silly, but I can't believe there isn't a better alternative.

I went online and found this.

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/index/r/4sfu/1782ce6/

for $6.00 a month they will ship me razor blades.

Has anyone else tried them or heard about them? They got written up by Forbes, so they seem legit. This is not really Mustang related, but in all fairness, If I can save 120 a year or more, then I can justify spending more on gas.

73vertproject

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
I've never heard of them before, but that commercial is awesome! I may join just because of that! :D

whitesoc

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible

08 Bullet
That is awesome, I think I might sign up for it as I hate pay 16 bucks for 4 blades.

mweeps

Reaction score
My Car
07 Mustang GT
First car 351 H Code 73 Mach 1 totalled in college
I miss my mach 3 Razor. Bought the Fusion then found blades on clearence at my local WalMart for $2, guess they had ordered too many. I almost bought them all. That was two years ago I still have refills left.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Whitesoc, you may have to have them smuggled into Canada!

Like my Mach 3, but I also like nice fresh blades and would rarely use one for more than 5 shaves except for my hatred of going the grocery store and the outrageous prices. I would try a straight razor if I could learn to sharpen it properly and not slit my throat by accident.

The commercial is definitely worth watching.

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I just bought a 6 pack of the Mach 3 disposable razors today at Wal Mart. They were a little over $14.00 which I thought was very expensive too. Those 6 will last me almost a year as I have a full beard and only shave my neck and cheeks!

droptop73

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
I have been buying the house brand 3 blade disposable razors from Target. They work well and are pretty inexpensive. If I remember they are around 10 bucks for 8 razors.

MeZapU

Reaction score
My Car
12 GT
73 Mach 1
85 GT
66 F-100
I miss my Gillette Sensor 2 bladed razor. They still work great. Blades were getting hard to find but I could get a pack of 10 for $15-$16. Would last me a year if I didn't dry shave. I lost the dang handle about two months ago while deployed and I'm distraught as I'll likely never find another.

mweeps

Reaction score
My Car
07 Mustang GT
First car 351 H Code 73 Mach 1 totalled in college
I miss my Gillette Sensor 2 bladed razor. They still work great. Blades were getting hard to find but I could get a pack of 10 for $15-$16. Would last me a year if I didn't dry shave. I lost the dang handle about two months ago while deployed and I'm distraught as I'll likely never find another.
I had that one before the Mach 3 I bet the handle is still under the bathroom sink at my parents house!

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
I'm still using a TrakII, but can't find Gillette refill blades without the lubricating strip (the chemical irritates my skin). I've found generic refills, though, and they are fine. I've used a FusionIII, but it isn't as good as the old TrakII.

I'm actually thinking of going back to the one blade system...

Tnfastbk

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought a 6 pack of the Mach 3 disposable razors today at Wal Mart. They were a little over $14.00 which I thought was very expensive too. Those 6 will last me almost a year as I have a full beard and only shave my neck and cheeks!
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:s

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I guess you will not be borrowing my razor! :D

Tnfastbk

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you will not be borrowing my razor! :D
You are correct SIR:rolleyes:

TheJ

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Mustang (project)
93 Dodge Shadow (daily)
86 Buick Regal (2nd project)
I don't shave that's how I save money, I just trim my beard down when I get a hair cut. Being an knife guy I will suggest a trying straight razor If you are tired of buying replacement blades.

t.klapperich

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Gold Glow,351 Q code w/ 4 speed toploader, 3.70 gears. Freshly built to Boss 351 Specs and a little extra !!!! It all specs to 415 H.P. Only 62,000 orig. miles. 175 on new motor !!
I use the Gilette Atra II twin blade. The refills are alot at around $15 for a 10 pack. I have tried the 3 blade, 4 blade, 5 blade,:dodgy:....................and so on, but still like the shave of the regular old twin blade. What do 5 blades do for you anyways?:huh: We go over the same spot 2 or 3 times anyways !:)