Headers for 351c 4v

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting, the comp headers that I used was tight around the tranny pan but the Super comp didn't come close to the pan. I wonder what the difference is as I am also using a deep sump pan. First pic is comp header, second is the super comp. You can see the passenger side gets close to the tranny pan with the comp headers for me. The super comp doesn't even get close to the pan.

I also have the Hooker Super Comp. Can't forget to lay the drivers side in before you set the engine because you can't sneak it in there once it's set down.

I had a clearance issue with them with the C6 as I had a deep sump pan on the trans. Had to get persuasive with the hammer... on the pan.

Other than the snug fit I'm happy with them.
I*'m guessing there were no fitment issues with the Gear Vendors unit with the pipes using some of the tunnel area?
There was absolutely no fitment issues with the GV unit. I also attached a pic to give everyone a better view of the headers and the GV fitment.

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

That's interesting, the comp headers that I used was tight around the tranny pan but the Super comp didn't come close to the pan. I wonder what the difference is as I am also using a deep sump pan. First pic is comp header, second is the super comp. You can see the passenger side gets close to the tranny pan with the comp headers for me. The super comp doesn't even get close to the pan.
I*'m guessing there were no fitment issues with the Gear Vendors unit with the pipes using some of the tunnel area?
There was absolutely no fitment issues with the GV unit. I also attached a pic to give everyone a better view of the headers and the GV fitment.
Excellent, and thank you. I watched your restoration video, but it wasn't apparent whether there was any interference with the GV, beyond your saying that the Pypes exhaust went in just fine. I'm pulling the trigger on a tranny and GV in the next couple weeks and the 393C is almost ready for assembly, so now I know that Hooker SC headers and Pypes will do the trick.

Excellent, and thank you. I watched your restoration video, but it wasn't apparent whether there was any interference with the GV, beyond your saying that the Pypes exhaust went in just fine. I'm pulling the trigger on a tranny and GV in the next couple weeks and the 393C is almost ready for assembly, so now I know that Hooker SC headers and Pypes will do the trick.
Glad those pics helped. If you have the console here is how I put all the controls for the GV in. Didn't want to cut holes in the dash so I replaced the console ash tray with these parts and you can close the lid to hide everything.

IMG_2512.JPG

Glad those pics helped. If you have the console here is how I put all the controls for the GV in. Didn't want to cut holes in the dash so I replaced the console ash tray with these parts and you can close the lid to hide everything.
Excellent. I had been wondering about that. No console, but I'm sure I'll come up with a good solution once it's in my hands. Many thanks.

I have Hooker comp headers on my 73 Q code vert with 351c 4v C6 trans. Had to take them off to remove engine for rebuild. Really easy. They work well with my Flow-master exhaust as well. Not expecting any issues putting them back on when engine comes back.
Will someone please verify that the Hooker comp headers run exactly parallel the frame rails ?

The set I have now (warn out) angle towards each other, complicating

(cost) to add an x pipe system.

Yes I know there are pictures on this thread, but pictures can be deceptive.

thanks in advance fella's

Boilermaster
I'll have to take some pics once I get them back on but engine won't be back until next week so they are sitting on garage floor. If I can remember correctly they angle in slightly.

Just a quick update to the tangent this old thread took...the GV is quite the addition to the PA Super Comp C4. The switch and lights installed easily.

GVswx_zps5n0zoywa.jpg

Back