Headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hotboss

Reaction score
My Car
1970 Boss 302
HI everyone, what would be your headers of choice for a boss 351

thanks

Hi, is it a stock boss 351 or has it been modified. I has hooker super comp but swapped in hooker comp. The hooker comp are shorter and smaller tubes which works better for lower RPM. The long tube headers help at higher RPM. The super comps also hang down lower.

Hi, is it a stock boss 351 or has it been modified. I has hooker super comp but swapped in hooker comp. The hooker comp are shorter and smaller tubes which works better for lower RPM. The long tube headers help at higher RPM. The super comps also hang down lower.
+1

I used both and am running the Super Comp ones. Ground clearance is an issue with the Super Comp

so that may be something that you want to consider. Also the collectors on the Comp headers angle in while the collectors on the Super Comp run parallel to the car frame.

Ford powertrain applications make the best headers for are cars. I installed a set on my brothers 70 Boss 302. They fit really well around the clutch Z bar. No ground clearance problems. The over all quality of these headers are very good.

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

Back