Headlight ring fixings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
I secured the headlights in place using the chrome trim rings. The black ring that fits over the top of that is fixed with one screw at the top of the ring that i can see.

There are white plastic pieces there at the moment. However, one seems to hold the screw and the other does not the screw. Not sure if either are correct

Can someone post a picture of the fixing that the screw screws into.

What year car is it? Sounds like you have a 71, since the grill, headlight bucket and trim ring setup is different than later years. A suggestion... add the car year and model to your signature.

Edit: I should clarify my grill and model year remark above...

1971 and 72 grill and headlight setup is basically the same. That is Bumpers, Bumper Mounts, Valance, Fenders, and Outer Headlight Bezel Ring are the same for 71 and 72, but changes were made in 1973. In 73 the bumper mounts, bumper, and fenders were changed to meet the new federal 5 mile an hour bumper regulations, consequently the outer headlight bezels were eliminated, the grill components, and valence were also changed and are unique to the 73 model year.

I was a bit too "shorthand" in my remark. I should have been more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you want to spend $30 .................AMK kit D1ZB-259 (might be able to get at NPD cheaper)

Where are you located? Exact address. (I have to ship D1ZX alum water pumps to Australia today, might was well do a package to EU !

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you want to spend $30 .................AMK kit D1ZB-259 (might be able to get at NPD cheaper)

Where are you located?  Exact address.   (I have to ship D1ZX alum water pumps to Australia today, might was well do a package to EU !

Mark
Sent
Bill those fixings arrived today. Thank You for taking the time and effort to help

Back