Headlight switch bezel backlight

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
I have the dash removed for an LED upgrade. I remembered not having a backlight to illuminate the "LIGHTS" bezel in the dash. All the rest ( lighter, wipers) are lit when I turn the headlights on.

I have a loose socket in the vicinity of the headlight switch and was thinking it was for the backlight.

There is no place to insert the socket behind the bezel, is there a cover that should be there over the switch for the light socket?

There should be a square "Housing" with a bigger hole in the front for the light switch and a small hole in the back to attach the bulb socket to. My guess is yours might be missing!? It looks just like the one for the cigarette lighter/ windshield wiper housing, just smaller.

There should be a square "Housing" with a bigger hole in the front for the light switch and a small hole in the back to attach the bulb socket to. My guess is yours might be missing!? It looks just like the one for the cigarette lighter/ windshield wiper housing, just smaller.
Yes, thanks for the reply. I can feel the housing as well as the sockets in them on the other bezels. I just don't know what it's called. Looks like I'll probably have to remove the switch to install it whenever I get it. At least there's lots more room on this side..........

Back