Headliner Pictures Wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Slowly making progress on my build.  Getting ready to install the headliner on my 71 fastback.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  :D  Have read several of the post on the site but I'm looking for some pictures of where the headliner and the sail panels come together.  Hope some one might have a few pictures they can post for me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That area is kind of self explanatory, there are little tooth plates that mount back thereonce that area of the headliner is pulled taught down over those teeth, the sail panels just lay over that back area to dress it up. The tricky part for me was how high up the sides to apply glue. for the first couple inches after rounding the corner from my windshield I was gluing the headliner too high. You can see it now, but I can live with that one little mistake for the sake of not having to re-do the whole thing. Just take your time and use really good 3M glue!!

That area is kind of self explanatory, there are little tooth plates that mount back thereonce that area of the headliner is pulled taught down over those teeth, the sail panels just lay over that back area to dress it up. The tricky part for me was how high up the sides to apply glue. for the first couple inches after rounding the corner from my windshield I was gluing the headliner too high. You can see it now, but I can live with that one little mistake for the sake of not having to re-do the whole thing. Just take your time and use really good 3M glue!!
When you say to high on the windshield are you talking about on the A pillar?

Back