Heater hose locations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I did a search and this question has been asked many times but still not a clear understanding for me.  Some threads, due to age, are missing the pictures.  Anywho.....

I had my car over to a shop that I hope will be taking it in soon for some work I need help with.  One of the things I need accomplished is a fine tune of the a/c system.  I replaced everything from the firewall forward, vacuumed and re-charged but it still is not working as well as I think it can.   When the shop owner was looking at the engine bay he thought that my heater lines were not hooked up correctly.  I installed them as they were on the car when I purchased it.   

The heater hose that connects to the nipple from the firewall on the driver side (on the right in the first picture)  has the a/c water control valve in the line and ends up connected to the engine block as seen in the second picture.  The other hose connects to the nipple on the passenger side and that hose runs to the water pump as seen in the last picture. 

Are these correctly installed on my 351c with a/c? 

I did just order a new water control valve to replace the original one still in use.

thanks

line1.jpg

line2.jpg

line3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Water comes out of the block on a Cleveland ( manifold on a Windsor ) and returns into the water pump. The valve should be in the hose on the "out" side and that's really the only rule. 

351choses.jpg

Back