Heater Hoses to where? Does it Matter?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingb1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code-4 Spd. Owned for the last 40 years.
Trying to get things put where they really belong. Working on a 73-351C-4V- Manual Trans. I plan on putting a 4300-D, against common wisdom, on top of the original spread bore intake. So when I go to run the heater hoses, one comes off the water pump, and one is in the block below the thermostat. I have seen that one hose should be in a cradle by the choke, (I do not have the cradle....HELP). There is also an inline temperature switch for the EGR. And then you have the 2 connections at the firewall going to the heater core.

So which line should have the switch, which goes in the cradle by the choke, and does it matter which goes to the firewall connections for the heater core? Have looked at a LOT of pictures, but they all look a little different. Any advise is greatly appreciated...in advance.

The hose that comes out of the block is the pressure line and the one that connects to the water pump is the return line. The hose that goes into the cradle and the one that gets the switch should be the pressure line, and the pressure line should go to the lower core connection so it forces the air out of the core.

Excellent. Thanks for the direction. Looks like I can lay them out this weekend. Getting closer to start up.

Yup. Nerve wracking to say the least. Pulled her out of the garage about a year ago. But now have mounted a 4300-d carb, which general knowledge is against, dropped fuel tank to flush in addition to the fuel lines. Etc., Etc,.

Nervous.....but confident ::thumb::

Back