Hello all from CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings Moe! Certainly sounds like 'a work in progress'.. Those can be great because you can get a good deal on them. The folks here will help you figure out how to get it back together and where all of those mystery and small parts go!

Welcome from Ohio. Congrats on your purchase. Lots of good info and help here just for the asking. If you would, post some pics of what you got. We like pictures. You can also start a here build thread on your car to keep everyone up to date on your progress if you want. Good luck.

Welcome from northern Cal. Pictures and Marti or are you a tease? Hope you enjoy the project?

Welcome to the forum. Great place for information. I am in the San Jose area. Where are you located in CA?
Yes, where are you located OP? I'm From San Jose, but now Vallejo. A place with a 12,000 foot garage for sale made me move here.

Hi, my name is Moe . I recently purchased a 1973 Mach 1 with a 351C 2V and a FMX transmission. She is a work in progress. Motor and transmission had already been pulled, and interior had been torn apart.
Welcome from west central Florida.

Welcome, from Western Upstate NY (Pittsford, suburb or Rochester). Those 73 Mustangs are really nice vehicles. In a world where the big Nose Mustangs have had a hard time fitting in, there seems to be a surge of popularity as their prices are significantly lower from earlier model years - although that gap is apparently beginning to close a bit. Of the 71-73 year models it also seems the 1973s are less desirable. Perhaps that is because they have heavier and slightly more protruded energy absorbing bumpers. Perhaps it is because their engines were less powerful due to emission control demands from back then. Or, maybe it is because there was no stand-out high performance model that year.

No matter, I think the 73 Mustangs, in any of their three body styles, look great. here is a YouTube link I like to share that I thinks shows how nice they can look when restored and cared for properly...

And here is a link to another video comprised of a series of photos taken during the restoration process...

We have several pony cars, two of them are 1973 models (Mach 1 and Convertible). We really enjoy them all, a lot. I hope you post progress photos, and a "project completed," set of photos as you meander along your journey Have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_5456.JPG
    IMG_5456.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    AllPonyCarsAndGilWithLynda_3of4_20211007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 0
Back