Hello all, I got my dream car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding to sway bars, I'd go with a 1" front and as you don't have staggered shocks, the matching 3/4" bar at the back. Addco has been my go-to company, but there are others making good suitable product. Your rear bar will be different than one for a staggered shocks (competition suspension) car.

Welcome from SoCal. I would say the girlfriend is the dream!

I had a 71 429SCJ and tried in 1978 to put the best (by price) headers on mine, but they had many conflicts, so I removed them. In addition to the recommendations listed, I would consider upgrading the rear axle to a limited slip diff. And of course, you’ll need an 8-track tape played . . .

Welcome from SoCal. I would say the girlfriend is the dream!

I had a 71 429SCJ and tried in 1978 to put the best (by price) headers on mine, but they had many conflicts, so I removed them. In addition to the recommendations listed, I would consider upgrading the rear axle to a limited slip diff. And of course, you’ll need an 8-track tape played . . .
Ooh hadn't thought of an 8 track, but I am going track lock tear end

Hello all I have been blessed not only do I have a wonderful girlfriend she is responsible for me having access to a dream car ( her 72 mustang coupe) but she is also responsible for finding my dream car ( my 72 mustang fastback). Now, having gotten introductions out of the way I have a question about my 72, it is a 302 car that has had a 429 swap. Will I need to reinforce the frame and what type/ brand of headers should I go with?
Welcome. I have a 72 Mach 1 and this forum turned me onto a registry that is compiling all of these cars in one collective area is your interested https://www.isomustangs.org/Registry.aspx

Hello all I have been blessed not only do I have a wonderful girlfriend she is responsible for me having access to a dream car ( her 72 mustang coupe) but she is also responsible for finding my dream car ( my 72 mustang fastback). Now, having gotten introductions out of the way I have a question about my 72, it is a 302 car that has had a 429 swap. Will I need to reinforce the frame and what type/ brand of headers should I go with?
Welcome from Arizona.
Dan

Welcome from Arizona and congratulations you both of your cars!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648609342556.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648609342556.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
Another Howdy from TX! Good luck with your new ride!

oh and this one is from the coker tire show

Attachments

• chattanooga_cruise_in_22259.jpeg
    chattanooga_cruise_in_22259.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 14
Back