Hello all

digithead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang 351C-4V 4BBL 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE White
Hi all, thanks for adding me. New owner. Just picked up a very MINT 1973 Mustang 351C-v4 4 Speed convertible. Was a -2V when born PO converted to a -4V. So perfectly done you cant tell. I got Marti report on it. FIRST AND FOREMOST I am 6'5". I know crazy right. I got that. So FIRST thing I have to do is get the drivers seat out and get my ass back about 3". So anything you can tell me to do will be very appreciated! I am quite mechanical but dont have welder. I have friends machine shop nearby for help. So dO I make rails? Extend rails? Mod the rails? I also would love to do the RAM AIR INTAKE upgrade and get the whole kit to make that functional.

Blmeis

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351C "Q"
Hi all, thanks for adding me. New owner. Just picked up a very MINT 1973 Mustang 351C-v4 4 Speed convertible. Was a -2V when born PO converted to a -4V. So perfectly done you cant tell. I got Marti report on it. FIRST AND FOREMOST I am 6'5". I know crazy right. I got that. So FIRST thing I have to do is get the drivers seat out and get my ass back about 3". So anything you can tell me to do will be very appreciated! I am quite mechanical but dont have welder. I have friends machine shop nearby for help. So dO I make rails? Extend rails? Mod the rails? I also would love to do the RAM AIR INTAKE upgrade and get the whole kit to make that functional.
Congrats on the new Mustang and welcome!

BeerDontCount

I like Mustangs!
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
Welcome from the Seattle area. This is a great site. Lots of good info. Please post some pics of your vert when you get a chance.

Scott

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Welcome from Iowa. Post some pictures of that car.

Rozz

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang and 1973 mustang
Welcome board, lots of good info floating around this site.

RacerX

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 351-2v Convertible
1973 351-2v Mach 1
1973 351-4V Q code Mach 1
64.5 Coupe
65 convertible
65 cobra kirkham
Welcome from the Republic of Texas!

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Welcome!

To accommodate your height the easiest thing to do would be to remove the factory rails, have a piece of metal bent to give you a platform and bolt the seat down to the platform where you want it. You can make it lower than the factory rails. I'm using a race seat mounted in a similar fashion and I gained lots of headroom and leg room.

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Welcome from another tall convertible owner. The good news is we actually have more head room than our hard top counter parts. Not just with the top down either. ;) The reason is we don't have a headliner.

At 76" tall I don't find the stock seat location to be too bad. The worst part was entry/exit, especially in tight spaces. You should start looking around for a tilt steering column. This made a world of difference for me.

mrmach1

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome from Massachusetts. I'm only 5'9" so it's never been an issue for me. I wish you luck with that.

Welcome!

To accommodate your height the easiest thing to do would be to remove the factory rails, have a piece of metal bent to give you a platform and bolt the seat down to the platform where you want it. You can make it lower than the factory rails. I'm using a race seat mounted in a similar fashion and I gained lots of headroom and leg room.
I like this idea.

Last edited by a moderator: