Hello all

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digithead

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang 351C-4V 4BBL 4 SPEED CONVERTIBLE White
Hi all, thanks for adding me. New owner. Just picked up a very MINT 1973 Mustang 351C-v4 4 Speed convertible. Was a -2V when born PO converted to a -4V. So perfectly done you cant tell. I got Marti report on it. FIRST AND FOREMOST I am 6'5". I know crazy right. I got that. So FIRST thing I have to do is get the drivers seat out and get my ass back about 3". So anything you can tell me to do will be very appreciated! I am quite mechanical but dont have welder. I have friends machine shop nearby for help. So dO I make rails? Extend rails? Mod the rails? I also would love to do the RAM AIR INTAKE upgrade and get the whole kit to make that functional.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Congrats on the purchase.

Someone will probably come up with some good advice.

Hi all, thanks for adding me. New owner. Just picked up a very MINT 1973 Mustang 351C-v4 4 Speed convertible. Was a -2V when born PO converted to a -4V. So perfectly done you cant tell. I got Marti report on it. FIRST AND FOREMOST I am 6'5". I know crazy right. I got that. So FIRST thing I have to do is get the drivers seat out and get my ass back about 3". So anything you can tell me to do will be very appreciated! I am quite mechanical but dont have welder. I have friends machine shop nearby for help. So dO I make rails? Extend rails? Mod the rails? I also would love to do the RAM AIR INTAKE upgrade and get the whole kit to make that functional.
Congrats on the new Mustang and welcome!

Welcome!

To accommodate your height the easiest thing to do would be to remove the factory rails, have a piece of metal bent to give you a platform and bolt the seat down to the platform where you want it. You can make it lower than the factory rails. I'm using a race seat mounted in a similar fashion and I gained lots of headroom and leg room.

Welcome from another tall convertible owner. The good news is we actually have more head room than our hard top counter parts. Not just with the top down either. ;) The reason is we don't have a headliner.

At 76" tall I don't find the stock seat location to be too bad. The worst part was entry/exit, especially in tight spaces. You should start looking around for a tilt steering column. This made a world of difference for me.

Welcome from Massachusetts. I'm only 5'9" so it's never been an issue for me. I wish you luck with that.

Welcome!

To accommodate your height the easiest thing to do would be to remove the factory rails, have a piece of metal bent to give you a platform and bolt the seat down to the platform where you want it. You can make it lower than the factory rails. I'm using a race seat mounted in a similar fashion and I gained lots of headroom and leg room.
I like this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back