Hello all

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi new bee here and excided about this find it runs and stops wright out of the barn  This is a nice site   so im here to stay..I do want to know if I have a drag package ..it has racing steering wheel stock sloted mags sway bar front and back trans and oil cooler chrome Ford valve and air cleaner racing mirrors..ram air 351 4barr auto

Welcome from Tucson, Az.

Looking forward to seeing your 'Stang.

Where are you in New York?   I'm originally from Saratoga Springs.

Hello and Welcome from Michigan.

There was no drag package offered in 1973. That was for the 71 429 cars. Slotted mags and front and rear sway bars were stock from factory. No chrome valve covers or air cleaner for 73 either. No such thing as a racing steering wheel. Sounds like the normal add on mods, but hopefully the car is in good shape and you can have some fun with it.

Welcome from Tucson, Az.

Looking forward to seeing your 'Stang.

Where are you in New York?   I'm originally from Saratoga Springs.
Saratoga same place I just got this car and want to know a ton of stuff like could it have a Drag Package? What would I look for

Hello and Welcome from Michigan.

There was no drag package offered in 1973. That was for the 71 429 cars. Slotted mags and front and rear sway bars were stock from factory. No chrome valve covers or air cleaner for 73 either. No such thing as a racing steering wheel. Sounds like the normal add on mods, but hopefully the car is in good shape and you can have some fun with it.
Hi The car is in very good shape and it runs too Chrome Valve covers and air cleaner are stanped Ford on it ...ill post some pictures as soon as I get it in the shop,,, like I said ill be here for a while lol another toy to play with Bottom is  rust free ,,,A BIG PLUS ,,Paint sticker was removed I think cause they repainted the car a different color i'll try to find a build sheet so ill put it back to the Yellow it was when it was new..

73 was sort of the dying year for the mustang for years. If you go look I think in the Fun Stuff area on this site there should be a copy of the Ford Facts Book for that year. It will tell you what was in the Mach 1 option package, and also what options were available.

Mach 1 was more of an appearance package than performance. You had to pay out more than just the Mach 1 package price to get the 351 Q, 4 speed and run up the sticker price.

There were so many options for Mustang from 1964 1/2 through 1973 that it was possible that every car made could have been different. They weren't but could have been.

Ford has always sold over the counter options like the Chrome valve covers you say are installed. You could get lots of aftermarket items.

Your build sheet would be a big plus but like stated you can get a standard Marti report for I think $18.00 that tells what your car was built with and where it was sold.

The only Mustangs that had non factory options were those with a 6 digit DSO code which tells you it was a Special Order car. There are a few of those on here but not many.

Thanks Guys …...You see its my first restor on a Mustang iv owned 4 in the passed but this one tops the chart..today I put it on the lift...Theirs one thing in the trunk I have no idea what it is ill get a pic soon its about 3 feet long and has this cloth that rolls up into it ????

Back