Hello from Canada

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
351C 4V - C6
Blue with Blue interior
Figured Id say hi and introduce myself on here. This is my 1972 Mustang Mach 1 that I had handed down from my father. He didnt want to be crawling around under cars anymore and wanted to pass it down while we could both still hang out and work on it. He bought it in 1973 and has had it since. He drove it as a main car for a little while and set it up for highway but it still has only 68k miles on it. Its the 351C 4V and all we did to it was intake, carb, and ignition and besides that it has mostly just had maintenance done on it. So now that I have it Im planning on going through the suspension and brakes before really diving into it much more than that(already have new drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders on the way for the back). But the eventual goal is to change back some of the highway mods (convertor and rear end) and also upgrade from the Edelbrock carb to a Holley Sniper EFI. Also going today to grab a set of wheels I was going to try on and see how they look. But otherwise I think thats most of it for now. 

Welcome from Washington state! Very nice looking car!  That's great that you know the history of the car and that you and your father will be working on it together, that will make it very special indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured Id say hi and introduce myself on here. This is my 1972 Mustang Mach 1 that I had handed down from my father. He didnt want to be crawling around under cars anymore and wanted to pass it down while we could both still hang out and work on it. He bought it in 1973 and has had it since. He drove it as a main car for a little while and set it up for highway but it still has only 68k miles on it. Its the 351C 4V and all we did to it was intake, carb, and ignition and besides that it has mostly just had maintenance done on it. So now that I have it Im planning on going through the suspension and brakes before really diving into it much more than that(already have new drums, shoes, and wheel cylinders on the way for the back). But the eventual goal is to change back some of the highway mods (convertor and rear end) and also upgrade from the Edelbrock carb to a Holley Sniper EFI. Also going today to grab a set of wheels I was going to try on and see how they look. But otherwise I think thats most of it for now. 

Welcome to this pony corral. It will be a great source of assistance to you.

Great hearing that you inherited the car from your father. All in the family.

And Very nice looking 72 Mach 1!!!

What part of Alberta you from? Our two oldest sons were born at Foothills Hospital in Calgary.

Welcome from NC. Nice car!

Im just outside of Edmonton. And ya, this car is likely what got me hooked on cars. I had a couple fox body mustangs, tried Subaru for a bit, but really wanted to get back into muscle cars. So excited to be working on this thing. Already tried on a set of wheels that a friend is selling. But waiting on lugs to bolt them on so I can get a better photo/view of them on the car. The tires on the car now are likely 25 years old despite looking really good still, so figured they are due for a change.

And definately looking forward to picking peoples brains a bit, I mostly want to just update and refresh things for now, but a brake upgrade would also be nice to get it stopping as good as it looks.

Welcome from Ohio - Good lookin car, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Back