Hello From Central Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande, 351C
Hi Everyone,
I joined in 2019 and have been enjoying reading all the posts. A lot of great tips, stories and problem solving! I first got hooked on Mustangs when I was 7 and saw my first one in 1964 when they started rolling out. Dad got our first Stang in 1972, a 1967 A-code convertible. Learned to drive in that car and he let me rebuild the engine after a semester in auto shop class. At 18, I bought my first Mustang; a 68 fastback S-code 4 speed for $450. Imagine that! Rebuilt the engine, new paint, brakes and interior and sold it for $1400. Thought I made a fortune. Took the money and bought a 69 Mach1 which took me through college. Have also had two 66 C-code coupes. One I got for free in 1977. It needed an engine rebuild and that's it. Those were the days. Lots of muscle cars around back then for less than $3000, but when you're making $2.25 an hour part time, that was major bucks. Fast forward to 2015, I missed working on a Mustang, so I bought my post mid-life crisis car, a 1973 Grande. Got it from a broker in Michigan and learned my lesson by not having it inspected before purchase. It is a nice 20-footer but needed quite a bit of work. The 351C had gone through a speed shop which doubled the horsepower. I miss shifting gears, so I have assembled all the components for a top loader swap and will bump up the rear end to 3:50. I've already installed the clutch pedal assembly. The car is pretty well optioned with tilt wheel, power windows, A/C, AM/FM, rear window defroster & gauge package. So far, I've replaced the front end, rebuilt the doors, rebuilt the steering column, new fuel line, and a boat load of new miscellaneous parts. Still have a way to go but having fun doing it. I'm sure I'll be hitting the group up for some help. I may be able to offer a tip or two of my own after what I've learned on this car. Here's some pics of the old days and of my latest ride. There is a 1979 group pic of my 69, my buddy's Mach 1, his girlfriend's 72 Mach 1 and his sister's 73 Grande.66 Mustang.jpg68 Pre-paint.jpg68 GT.jpg68 390.jpg68 Interior.jpg69 Mach1.jpgMustang Group.jpg73 Grande Engine.jpg73 Grande Interior.jpg73 Grande.jpg

Hi Everyone,
I joined in 2019 and have been enjoying reading all the posts. A lot of great tips, stories and problem solving! I first got hooked on Mustangs when I was 7 and saw my first one in 1964 when they started rolling out. Dad got our first Stang in 1972, a 1967 A-code convertible. Learned to drive in that car and he let me rebuild the engine after a semester in auto shop class. At 18, I bought my first Mustang; a 68 fastback S-code 4 speed for $450. Imagine that! Rebuilt the engine, new paint, brakes and interior and sold it for $1400. Thought I made a fortune. Took the money and bought a 69 Mach1 which took me through college. Have also had two 66 C-code coupes. One I got for free in 1977. It needed an engine rebuild and that's it. Those were the days. Lots of muscle cars around back then for less than $3000, but when you're making $2.25 an hour part time, that was major bucks. Fast forward to 2015, I missed working on a Mustang, so I bought my post mid-life crisis car, a 1973 Grande. Got it from a broker in Michigan and learned my lesson by not having it inspected before purchase. It is a nice 20-footer but needed quite a bit of work. The 351C had gone through a speed shop which doubled the horsepower. I miss shifting gears, so I have assembled all the components for a top loader swap and will bump up the rear end to 3:50. I've already installed the clutch pedal assembly. The car is pretty well optioned with tilt wheel, power windows, A/C, AM/FM, rear window defroster & gauge package. So far, I've replaced the front end, rebuilt the doors, rebuilt the steering column, new fuel line, and a boat load of new miscellaneous parts. Still have a way to go but having fun doing it. I'm sure I'll be hitting the group up for some help. I may be able to offer a tip or two of my own after what I've learned on this car. Here's some pics of the old days and of my latest ride. There is a 1979 group pic of my 69, my buddy's Mach 1, his girlfriend's 72 Mach 1 and his sister's 73 Grande.View attachment 65148View attachment 65150View attachment 65159View attachment 65151View attachment 65160View attachment 65153View attachment 65154View attachment 65156View attachment 65158View attachment 65157
Welcome from Birmingham Alabama! I love those old pictures and that story!

Hi Everyone,
I joined in 2019 and have been enjoying reading all the posts. A lot of great tips, stories and problem solving! I first got hooked on Mustangs when I was 7 and saw my first one in 1964 when they started rolling out. Dad got our first Stang in 1972, a 1967 A-code convertible. Learned to drive in that car and he let me rebuild the engine after a semester in auto shop class. At 18, I bought my first Mustang; a 68 fastback S-code 4 speed for $450. Imagine that! Rebuilt the engine, new paint, brakes and interior and sold it for $1400. Thought I made a fortune. Took the money and bought a 69 Mach1 which took me through college. Have also had two 66 C-code coupes. One I got for free in 1977. It needed an engine rebuild and that's it. Those were the days. Lots of muscle cars around back then for less than $3000, but when you're making $2.25 an hour part time, that was major bucks. Fast forward to 2015, I missed working on a Mustang, so I bought my post mid-life crisis car, a 1973 Grande. Got it from a broker in Michigan and learned my lesson by not having it inspected before purchase. It is a nice 20-footer but needed quite a bit of work. The 351C had gone through a speed shop which doubled the horsepower. I miss shifting gears, so I have assembled all the components for a top loader swap and will bump up the rear end to 3:50. I've already installed the clutch pedal assembly. The car is pretty well optioned with tilt wheel, power windows, A/C, AM/FM, rear window defroster & gauge package. So far, I've replaced the front end, rebuilt the doors, rebuilt the steering column, new fuel line, and a boat load of new miscellaneous parts. Still have a way to go but having fun doing it. I'm sure I'll be hitting the group up for some help. I may be able to offer a tip or two of my own after what I've learned on this car. Here's some pics of the old days and of my latest ride. There is a 1979 group pic of my 69, my buddy's Mach 1, his girlfriend's 72 Mach 1 and his sister's 73 Grande.View attachment 65148View attachment 65150View attachment 65159View attachment 65151View attachment 65160View attachment 65153View attachment 65154View attachment 65156View attachment 65158View attachment 65157
Welcome from Reno, Nevada!

Back