Hello from Hamburg

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Timo and I come from Germany and live near Hamburg.
I bought a manual 4 speed 1973 Mach1 Q-Code 2 months ago.
Since the car came to Germany in 1995 and has been stored in a heated private collection since then, there are quite a few things that need to be repaired on the Mustang.

They told me almost everything on the car is still original, except for the ratio of the rear axle and the Edelbrook Air-intake manifold and the carb.
And sorry for question I will have that only a newbie will ask (and my bad english :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (1).jpg
    classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (1).jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 26
  • classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (2).jpg
    classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (2).jpg
    435 KB · Views: 26
  • classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (3).jpg
    classic-analytics_profCheck_CCC-FOUS0338-R2-01 (3).jpg
    403 KB · Views: 26
Welcome from Germany 🤗

Black Forest...

Nice car - I have a 73 Mach 1 Q-code with a 4 speed too, at the moment in full restoration by myself.

Here is a great community with fantastic people for our cars, you can get help for everything. I joined for over 10 years now...

So if you have questions don't be afraid to ask. Besides other topics I could be of help especially for experiences concerning finding specific parts and shipping to Germany...

Have a nice weekend 😊

Tim

Welcome from North Carolina, USA. Awesome car!

Don’t be shy about questions. None of us were born with inherent knowledge of Mustangs... we all had to learn. You will find many helpful folks here.

And I am sure your English is much better than my German. I took it in high school, but as a typical American, have failed to retain any of my attempt at a second language. The primary words I remember are what my German grandparents yelled at me when I was little.

Wilkommen, freund! And a big Howdy from Texas! You're English is fine, especially since most of us speak American. Congratulations to you for your Mustang purchase! You'll find plenty of knowledgeable members here to answer any question you throw at 'em.

Hello everyone,
My name is Timo and I come from Germany and live near Hamburg.
I bought a manual 4 speed 1973 Mach1 Q-Code 2 months ago.
Since the car came to Germany in 1995 and has been stored in a heated private collection since then, there are quite a few things that need to be repaired on the Mustang.

They told me almost everything on the car is still original, except for the ratio of the rear axle and the Edelbrook Air-intake manifold and the carb.
And sorry for question I will have that only a newbie will ask (and my bad english :rolleyes:)
Vell comim z! Meine deutsch ist nix so gut eine tagen!! OK, my German has lapsed. 😂

My last duty station after Desert Storm was Sandhofen (Mannheim) and my x frau is back there along with my two awesome kinder finishing their studies. Here’s my son back from fall break at Otto Gericke U near Berlin studying INT Biz last August enjoying the ‘72 that will be his one day… You and Tim can PM me to potentially get in contact with him if interested as our car community is full of good people but I will obvisiously vet you in depth with my resources as I can imagine you would verstat!

Prost! 🇺🇸

Attachments

• C47E7626-78BA-461E-BBC2-04F1437AD09D.jpeg
    C47E7626-78BA-461E-BBC2-04F1437AD09D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • A54695F7-8AF9-4E33-9D44-9E6DB81BAE9B.png
    A54695F7-8AF9-4E33-9D44-9E6DB81BAE9B.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Thank for the warm welcome!!
Reading here is much easier than understand a guy from Scotland or Alabama after 3 beers in a bar 😉.
@DAvercamp: I will get in contact with you. Berlin is not so far from Hamburg and sometimes I´m there. A convertible car is useless in Hamburg. When I came to Hamburg the first thing I bought was an umbrella. This is also useless due to the wind 🤪
@ Tim: I´m sure I will need a lot of special part in the next few years. Thanks!!

I found this forum because I thought I could just replace the oil pan gasket, similar to a VW Golf or Opel Kadett...
The good thing is, that's how I found you (y)
Attached my actual situation and my job for this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_115815.jpg
    IMG_20220528_115815.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 20
Welcome from Chicago! Nice car, I love the 73's even though I own a 71. There are a lot of really knowledgeable guys here who are always willing to help. I have learned a lot from them since I joined. Enjoy your new toy!

Welcome from North Carolina, USA. Awesome car!

Don’t be shy about questions. None of us were born with inherent knowledge of Mustangs... we all had to learn. You will find many helpful folks here.

And I am sure your English is much better than my German. I took it in high school, but as a typical American, have failed to retain any of my attempt at a second language. The primary words I remember are what my German grandparents yelled at me when I was little.
Well said, Lazurus, on every point...

Welcome from Ohio. Trust me, your English is way better than some of the younger generation of this country and besides the only true language spoken here is Stang. :) Nice looking car. Good luck on your project and take your time and do it right the first time.

Welcome from Switzerland!

Welcome from Arizona! I always get a bit more excited when someone from Europe or elsewhere takes an interest in our Mustangs. I've meet Vinne from Amsterdam and can just imagine how fun and 'cool' (slang) it is to drive one of these cars around Europe. I get all kinds of looks and questions here in the United States of America so how fun it must be for people to see a 50 year old car being driven in Germany.

Don't concern yourself with any language issues, we will figure it out. This is a very supportive and patient group of people. Thanks for joining!

Replacing the oil pan gasket is exactly like a Kadett B or C, but not like a D or later...

Another big Howdy from Texas! Don't hesitate to ask any question here as we will all put our heads to work on your problem(s). Parts are plentiful here in the states its just shipping to Europe in general is expensive.

First I was interested in the "normal" 69 Mustang. Than I saw James Bond and the Movie only 60 seconds. And after I saw the Mach1 in original it was clear to me this will be the one.
My oldest daughter wants to have a yellow Audi R8 spider as her first car (without money :ROFLMAO:) and my youngest daughter wants to have a pony.
For me a good compromise ;).
My youngest daughter likes the car but not to drive with me, because all people are looking and with 13 years she feels uncomfortable.
Here in Germany I never saw this car before on the streets only the Mustangs before 1971. So everyone is interested in this car. Biker asking on the traffic light during the we are waiting, if you park the car at Mc Donalds and so on.
The only thing that is annoying at the moment is the petrol price of over 2 euros per liter in Germany. But the car only needs between 2 and 2.5 Liter per 100 Km (per cylinder for sure).
@detritusmaximus: but by my C-Kadett (30 years ago) I never had to lift the motor. And in the oil pan of my D-Kadett I found also interesting spooky things like now in the oil pan of the Mustang. So nearly the same, you are right

Back