Hello from KY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNA

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 Q Code, 4 Speed, Ivory Glow
Hello All!

My car is a 72 Mach 1. Q Code, Hurst 4 Speed, Traction-Lok car. I bought it recently from the original owner who ordered it special in 72. Well maintained car and garage kept. All paper work and service history. 70500 miles.

Here it is right from his garage after sitting for 8 years. The hood is original even though I have been told it should not have come with it. I'm hoping a Marti report will solve the mystery. Any info is welcome.

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

I'm a dad of 4 boys, work as a network engineer, play guitar and I like bourbon. :cool:

Hello and welcome.

Nice one you found, with the vinyl on the roof. And a strong Toploader 4 speed.

A plus, you know the history and have all papers.

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

There's a bunch of guitar players on here and there's even a guitar lounge thread that I started in the off topic section.

I have also given you the musicians badge.

Nice car by the way!!

Welcome to the site from west central Florida.

Very nice looking Q Code. Other than color, looks almost identical to the one in my signature. (72 Q Code, 4-speed, deluxe interior, AC, rim blow, etc.)

Vinyl top, too: Very rare, and to my mind, a highly desirable option. Looks like it is in good condition as well. You've got a gem, brother!

I'm a dad of 4 boys, work as a network engineer, play guitar and I like bourbon and cool cars. :cool:
Fixed it for ya. ;)

I really like your car. The hood is interesting but I could see it getting done with a special order. What color is the interior? Have you already ordered the Marti report?

A picture of the door sticker or the first part of the VIN would be helpful too.

I really like your car. The hood is interesting but I could see it getting done with a special order. What color is the interior? Have you already ordered the Marti report?
Its green vinyl with the tweed looking fabric. I expect my Marti Report any day.

The 1st part of the VIN is 2F05Q.

Welcome from West Texas! Good lookin' car! ::thumb::

Yeah, the Marti Report might help - but it also might not say anything about the hood being a special order item, since I believe the flat hood is a standard stock item, with the NASA hood (Ram Air or not) being a "no-cost option."

I'm a dad of 4 boys, work as a network engineer, play guitar and I like bourbon and cool cars. :cool:
Fixed it for ya. ;)

A picture of the door sticker or the first part of the VIN would be helpful too.
I read for a 73 anyway the car could be ordered with the optional hood so it would have probably applied in the earlier years too. The majority of them came with the NASA hood though.

Welcome from TriCities WA.

Hello from Mississippi. Glad to see a 71-2,3 Mustang show up from Lexington. MY Dad's side of the family is from Lexington, so when I lived there I used to see these year Mustangs everywhere! In fact my Pewter 71 Mach 1 was originally sold by Paul Miller Ford. Will be interesting to see Marti report on your car, normally a 302 Mach 1 got the flat hood with the "Mach 1" hood as a no charge option and standard on the larger engine size equipped Mach 1's.

You have a really sharp looking car and that green looks great.

Welcome aboard!!

Back