Hello from KY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Eric - Sure hope the Marti spells out about that hood because everything I have states the standard hood was only available on Mach 1's with the 302-2V (F code) and on THAT type car - the NASA/NACA hood without functioning ram air was the no cost option. All other Mach 1's were equipped with the NACA/NASA hood.

If the invoice was ordered from Marti - it will show the "special order" aspect of the car as well.

Nice looking car nevertheless.

Ray

Hello and ::welcome:: from Germany.

Very nice car with the vinyl roof. Have fun so

Juergen

I got the Marti today. Nothing about the hood or any special order. Basically the window sticker and trim codes defined. I will order the factory invoice and see if that has any info.

From Lex huh... I'm up near Ashland.... welcome aboard..

Welcome from Massachusetts. Nice car love the color of course I'm a little partial to 4Q dark green metallic. and a 72 Mach1 with a Q code 4speed and a vinyl top. Wow sound so familiar, anyway welcome.

Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could assist me. I have been told and read that the buck tag should have a "NH" code to specify the NASA hood. I found my tag and this code is absent indicating the flat hood is original. Is that correct?

Here is my tag:

buck_tag_sm.png

Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could assist me. I have been told and read that the buck tag should have a "NH" code to specify the NASA hood. I found my tag and this code is absent indicating the flat hood is original. Is that correct?

Here is my tag:
Welcome from Detroit and from another Q Code 4 speed - I've had my car a year now and am loving it and have gleaned so much value from this site.

Where do you find the "buck tag" you are showing here on your car - probably a dumb question but I don't recognize it...

Drivers side radiator support near the headlight. Held on with a single Phillips screw.

Here is an image of where it is located. This is not my car but this was how I found mine. Different plants put them different places and even the same plant put them different places sometime but almost always on the rad support.

DSCF4361-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not recall seeing NH as a code on any tag I have seen

Post a pic of your hood hinge springs - flat or round?

Have you tried contacting Marti for more info

I think the dealer changed it - if I recall you said his grandfather owned the dealership

Drivers side radiator support near the headlight. Held on with a single Phillips screw.

Here is an image of where it is located. This is not my car but this was how I found mine. Different plants put them different places and even the same plant put them different places sometime but almost always on the rad support.
Thanks! I'll be checking tonight!

Back