Hello from Luxembourg

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Hi everyone.

My name is Mike, I am 39 years of age.

I live in the small country of Luxembourg in the heart of Europe.

In addition to my love for all things automotive, I am a guitar player and collector.

My Mustang is a 1972 Convertible, built in December 1971.

It came from the Dearborn assembly line in Medium Bown Metallic (5H) with white interior and a white Top, power windows, console, Convenience Group, Appearance Protection Group, Magnum 500 Chrome Wheels,

Competition Suspension, Metric Speedometer, a 302cui, FMX and a 3.00 Traction-Lok Axle Ratio.

When I got her in 2001, she had already been painted red after a few accidents and years of abuse.

When I had her restored in 2005, I removed all of the side trim, had the taillight panel and the grille blacked out, installed a 1969 Mach 1 hood scoop and had the body refinished in Corvette Yellow and fitted 15 inch American Racing Torq Thrust wheels.

Recently I swapped the 302 for a Ford Racing 351W crate engine and fitted OE Bullet Wheels in 18 inch. (9x18 with 255/45 front and 10x18 with 285/40 in the back).

Right now, I'm thinking of getting a NASA hood and giving her the full Mach 1 hockey stripe kit..... we'll see.

I'm happy I found this place and I hope to spent some quality time on this forum.

At last a place for "grown men's Mustangs":cool:

Best regards,

Mike

::welcome:: We used to be neighbors. I was stationed at Spangdalem AFB in Germany. Its about ten miles from Bitburg, Ge. Traveled all over your country. You guys have a awesome Patton memorial there. Enjoy the site.

Welcome to the forums! We're glad you found us! can't wait to see some pics of your 72!

::welcome::

Hey Tnfastbk!

I don't believe it.. an ex-neighbour! I was in Spangdahlem for this years car show. Unfortunately it rained so hard we hardly wanted to leave the car and had to hide in the bowling alley.....

I know the Patton Memorial, it's about a 5 minute drive from there to where I live!

Oh, and the Mexican Restaurant in Bitburg is still the only halfway decent one around here! :) ::chili::

Ok, as :worthlesswithoutpics:, I'm gonna post some.

There is one pic with the old AR Torq Trust in 15 inch, before they were replaced with the 18 inch ones, though.

014.JPG

P7020818.JPG

DSC_4100.JPG

100_3870.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME aboard, Mike!

...yet another Convertible - - I tell you, you guys are taking over:)>

Seriously we are GLAD to have you here and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

I really like the modifications you have made, especially the hood scoop and the color.

Again, Welcome aboard!!

BT

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have a great car! You probably don't see any cars like yours running around in Luxembourg.

Mike

Welcome to the club, Mike! As BT (cobra3073) lamented, the convertibles are becoming a contending force on this forum. :p

I look forward to hearing more about your car (and your country). Good to have you here.

Doc

Welcome aboard Mike, nice vert I like the scoop! I just got here myself and I'm sure you'll enjoy this club. Enjoy the ride!

willkommen hier im forum!!! nice to have you here too!!!

Good lookin' 'vert! It's odd, but without the 'corral' in the grille as a contrasting color, the car almost looks like something other than a Mustang.

Not a bad thing - just different.

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome!

@ Tnfastbk: no issues with the 10s in the rear. The 285 fit without any problems and there is enough room for wider rims and tires. I guess an 11 inch and 300 tires would easily fit. My car has had no mods to the fenders and is lowered by about 1inch.

@ mister 4x4: yeah, it's funny how the blacked out corral changes the looks of the car. I tried taking off the horse too and it is then hardly recognizable as a mustang, but then you can see the holes and the base where the logo is supposed to be attached. Not at first sight, but it's there when you take a closer look at it. Not good!

[/u]

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome!

@ Tnfastbk: no issues with the 10s in the rear. The 285 fit without any problems and there is enough room for wider rims and tires. I guess an 11 inch and 300 tires would easily fit. My car has had no mods to the fenders and is lowered by about 1inch.

@ mister 4x4: yeah, it's funny how the blacked out corral changes the looks of the car. I tried taking off the horse too and it is then hardly recognizable as a mustang, but then you can see the holes and the base where the logo is supposed to be attached. Not at first sight, but it's there when you take a closer look at it. Not good!

[/u]
Thanks you are thew first to actually be running the bigger tire and wheel combo. I am wanting to run 20 x 10 on the rear and 18 x ? on the front. I bought the gauge that tells me what I can run but is great to finally talk to someone already running them. THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back