Hello from Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
Hello to all

I should have done my intro months ago but it just kept getting pushed to the back burner.

I am Don from Ohio Mustang Supply, owner, operator, purveyor of fine mustang parts, second in command here as Erin [ my wife ] is the boss lady.

About me and the first mustang I drove...

My first Mustang experience was with my sisters new red 71 302 fastback. She bought it new and left it at home during the day as she took the bus to work. I learned at 13 years old, it was fun to drive it up and down our driveway when no one was home. Then I learned [ by accident ] it was a blast to back it down the driveway and shift to drive while going backwards and mat it. It was very entertaining at 13 to do little burnouts then sweeping away the tire dust so there was no evidence. That went on for a while until a neighbor warned me if I did it anymore he was going to tell my Dad.

About me and my first Mustang...

My first car was a 73 fastback. It sort of found me VS. me finding it. I was 16 and went with my parents to a Ford dealer as my Mom was getting a new car. While my parents were looking at new cars I went to the used car section. There is was, a 1973 gold glow, H code fastback with 19000 miles. I got my Dad to come out and look at it and we actually took it for a test drive. I begged my Dad to buy it and I would pay him back. To my surprise when we got back to the dealership my Dad started haggling with the salesman. When we went back into the new car showroom to find my Mom, she was ticked off to say the least. She said no, when my dad asked her for the checkbook she did not say a word. She gave it to him and walked out of the showroom and sat in our car. I got the Mustang, my Mom did not get her new car that day and my Dad got @ell for a long time. My mom got her new car about a month later.

She hated my Mustang, she still says that car was bad and got me in a lot of trouble. Tickets, tickets and more tickets.

Over the years I had it, it got a cam, 4 barrel intake and carb, headers, 411 posi. Then custom paint, black lacquer with gold metal flake and many coats of clear. Drove it many miles, won and lost a lot of street races. Things were different in 1975, you could get away with some wild driving. Eventually the local P.D. knew me and the car, it had to go. It got traded in on a new 1977 Dodge van, that would be a whole other story. At 18 the custom build bed in the back of the van seemed more fun [ wink, wink ] than the need for speed.

Don

GREAT story, Don - - THANKS for sharing!

I also thank you for your responses to Member's queries and your decision to match the Sites $50.00 gift for the winner of the VIP Periodic Fun Question with an additional $50.00 store credit for tomorrow's exercise.

BT

Great intro, Don!

We are certainly glad to have you aboard! Your parts expertise is highly commendable!

Thanks!

Love the story Don! And thanks for the many years of great service you and your wife have given me on my parts ! Your service is second to none !

On a side note I did call at one time about 8 or 9 months ago about an idea for a repop part for our cars.I talked to your wife and I never heard anything back from you.I know you are busy.I will send you an PM when I get a chance.

We are glad you are here !!!

What a start into your automobil life...pretty cool ...

even better, that you made a business out of it...

It is good to know there is somebody who knows he's talking about.

:)

uv

::welcome::And Who are you again, Dan, Doc or something like that:p
Roy

I knew I should have let you order a speckled trunk mat and a plaid jack bag.

That's it, sending you some snow

Don

Welcome!...from the Don in Mobile, AL

BTW, I just registered at your store website.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very belated WELCOME, Don. I remember all of us celebrating when Barry (Rocketfoot) was able to talk you into being our very first vendor sponser. Thanks for all your help over the last 6+ months, and thanks for sharing your Mustang story.

And to the rest of yous guys - thanks for the laughs at the end of a long day! The first round's on me. Except for Coilwire - looks like he got a head start.....:D (Just messin', Jim!:p)

Doc

Welcome Don,

Like you I'm a fellow Buckeye. My parents still live in Millersburg, not far from you. My family and I usually make it back there on leave during the summer months, hopefully this summer I'll get a chance to swing on by. Thanks for what you do for the for all the Mustang lovers out there.

Marty

Welcome Don did your 73 have air shocks or hi jacker shackles:D.
YES it had air shocks and shackles, had to have them to clear the N-50-14 tires and cragar wheels. That is one of the things I kept getting tickets for " rear end raised to high and tires sticking out of the wheel wells " I have some old pictures I'll have to see if they can be scanned. The rear window is almost level in the pics, no wonder the car ate front ball joints LOL

Don

Hi and welcome Don,

I also want throw in a customer review. I needed some trunk floor plugs and a few other items that I couldn't find in local junk yards as most of the late 60's early 70's cars were either stripped or too far gone to get parts from. The mechanic wouldn't certify the car without the parts so I found Ohio Mustang online and placed my order.

It was easy to do by email and Don and his wife were great about confirming shipping to Canada. The prices were very fair in fact I wish the Customs and brokerage fees were as fair as Ohio Mustangs' prices! Thanks to the quick response from Don I managed to get the car on the road and had the chance to drive it a bit before winter.

It's good to have you as a member and supporter of this site.

73 MUSTANG convertible thb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back