Hello from Oklahoma

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Mississippi. Ownership not required, enthusiasm welcomed. As bkdunha posted, when close to pulling the trigger on something you find, keep in touch with us. If you need to verify something or need more info this is the place to be. There are many cars now being sold as low mileage, better than new "Barn Finds" that are nothing more than "Money Pits" held together by bondo, wood screws, and covered in shiny paint!

Welcome aboard!

Me again.  I reread your first post.  You indicate you are looking for a car and that you are still learning about the 71 to 73 Mustangs.   A few tips that you may not know.

There are three basic looking bodies but actually 5 different body styles.

The fastback (63D) and Mach 1 (63R) look the same but actually have different body codes.  Sometimes people will take a fast back and put Mach 1 stickers on it and try to sell it as a Mach 1.  

The hardtop (65D) and convertibles  (76D) never had decals with Mach 1 on them but the stripes could be ordered.

The upscale hardtop called the 'Grandé' had it's very own body code as well (65F)

Lots of people tossing around different engine codes "Q code, "H" code, etc. I won't try to spell it all out for ya.  At the top of the page you will see 'Mustang Data'.   Poke around in that area to learn more about the different options.

Are you looking to find a nice driver or are you interested in finding a more rare Mustang?  If you are looking at rarer versions make sure to ask questions here before buying help avoid getting scammed.
Thanks for the reply Will E!

When I first decided to jump into the fray I was unsure.. I think I have it kinda figured.. Take a read on my update to the thread..

I'm also a newbie here in Oklahoma.....Claremore to be exact. Hope to see where you scored your new toy!!!
Silver5oh! Hello.. Small world here.. I am in Foyil.. likely only you would know where that is!

I saw your intro and your ride! looking forward to maybe meeting you!

Thanks to everyone who posted.. it's been a bit since I joined the site and I have been reading and learning everything I can in that time.. so much to learn and it's been fun!

One member here reached out to me and I believe come January I will have a ride start working on.. I'll post up pics as soon as I have my hands on it.. but suffice it to say.. it's a rough project but a great one for me to have fun with and learn..

Thanks again!

Back