Hello from Spain

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ernesto, hola mi amigo bienvenido al foro! ¡Tu coche se ve increíble! ! Por favor, cuando tengas tiempo, cuéntenos más sobre los detalles, como la lista de opciones, si las hay, y tal vez algunas imágenes del interior y el compartimento del motor. Nos gustan muchas fotos aquí en el foro. También cuéntenos la historia de cómo adquirió su automóvil y cualquier modificación, si la hubiera, que haya realizado. De nuevo bienvenido creo que te va a gustar aquí. Hay algunas personas muy bien informadas aquí y siempre están listas para compartir el conocimiento.
Hola, gracias por la bienvenida. Si, enviaré más fotos en cuanto tenga un momento y os contaré la historia de como y donde lo compré y lo que ya le hemos hecho.

Bienvenido desde Madison, WI. Muy bonito tu carro! Comparte mas fotos por favor. Desafortunadamente no soy experto en el Cleveland version Boss pero aqui hay muchos expertos.
Gracias, lo haré, seguro, en cuanto tenga un momento envío más fotos.

Thank you for your welcome. Basically i will need to know where i can find very good parts for and original Boss 351 cleveland engine: camshaft, crankshaft, pistons and connecting rods.
How do you want to use the car when completed? Regular driving around town, long highway drives, competition of some type? If you want all New Old Stock (NOS) Ford parts it will be VERY expensive. Reconditioned 351C cranks, marked 4MA, and rods, marked D0AE-A, would be a LOT cheaper. The differences between the cranks and rods are minor. The Boss cranks very hardness tested, and the rods got better bolts and nuts. Supposedly the rods were shot peened. Any decent aftermarket forged piston would be cheaper than a set of NOS +.030 Boss 351 pistons. The same is true with a NOS cam and lifters. There are much better cams today than the original Boss cam.
Was the race track there in 1975-1976? Chuck

How do you want to use the car when completed? Regular driving around town, long highway drives, competition of some type? If you want all New Old Stock (NOS) Ford parts it will be VERY expensive. Reconditioned 351C cranks, marked 4MA, and rods, marked D0AE-A, would be a LOT cheaper. The differences between the cranks and rods are minor. The Boss cranks very hardness tested, and the rods got better bolts and nuts. Supposedly the rods were shot peened. Any decent aftermarket forged piston would be cheaper than a set of NOS +.030 Boss 351 pistons. The same is true with a NOS cam and lifters. There are much better cams today than the original Boss cam.
Was the race track there in 1975-1976? Chuck
Just regular driving and long roads, not competition, not for this car. So your advice is not NOS parts. Howeve do you know where may i find NOS parts or not NOS parts but both with the best quality?.
With regards to the race track, the first race was in 1965 (urban race track, from 1965 to 2003, in that time the race track called CIRCUITO GUDALOPE (http://circuitoguadalope.org/). In 2009 started the new race track as a one of the moto gp race tracks Championship (https://www.motorlandaragon.com/).
Please find attached, my race car.

Attachments

• 20190326090239.jpg
    20190326090239.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 0
Wow! I like the race car, you have good taste in cars. I didn't know the track was there, I was driving a 1967 Opel at the time. For NOS "Rearcounter.com", "Greensales.com", and "allclassics.com" for starters but, you will need to know part numbers or casting/stamping numbers to effectively search. Mustangtek.com may help with part numbers (not always correct). For non-NOS parts there are many sources, members here, vendors here, eBay (be very careful), the Pantera forumn and others. The Boss 302 Registry forum has a Boss 351 section where you could look as well. Understand, the used parts will need to be reconditioned, so some expense involved. I have friends in other parts of Europe who struggle with finding machine shops with experience with American engines. Having a competent machine shop is vital to a successful engine build, as I'm sure you know. I suggest you build a shopping list and post it and see what responses you get. Chuck

Wow! I like the race car, you have good taste in cars. I didn't know the track was there, I was driving a 1967 Opel at the time. For NOS "Rearcounter.com", "Greensales.com", and "allclassics.com" for starters but, you will need to know part numbers or casting/stamping numbers to effectively search. Mustangtek.com may help with part numbers (not always correct). For non-NOS parts there are many sources, members here, vendors here, eBay (be very careful), the Pantera forumn and others. The Boss 302 Registry forum has a Boss 351 section where you could look as well. Understand, the used parts will need to be reconditioned, so some expense involved. I have friends in other parts of Europe who struggle with finding machine shops with experience with American engines. Having a competent machine shop is vital to a successful engine build, as I'm sure you know. I suggest you build a shopping list and post it and see what responses you get. Chuck
Thank you Chuck, i will study your information slowly and then i will prepare a shopping list as you tell me.

Ps. I think we have similar preferences about mustangs, isn't it?.

Hola Ernesto, felicidades por tu Boss 351, se ve muy bonito en Grabber Green. Yo tengo un Grande del 71 comprado en el salon de Barcelona, asi que tengo los manuales de instrucciones y el catalogo en castellano, por si te interesa una copia. Cuentame su origen, es americano o es un Export? Que piezas te faltan? Mandame email a [email protected] y estamos en contacto.

Hola Ernesto, felicidades por tu Boss 351, se ve muy bonito en Grabber Green. Yo tengo un Grande del 71 comprado en el salon de Barcelona, asi que tengo los manuales de instrucciones y el catalogo en castellano, por si te interesa una copia. Cuentame su origen, es americano o es un Export? Que piezas te faltan? Mandame email a [email protected] y estamos en contacto.
Hola Miq, gracias!. Lo compré en Holanda y he tenido problemas con el motor. En cuanto a las piezas, pistones, vielas, cigüeñal y árbol de levas, son las mas importantes. No quiero equivocarme a la hora de comprarlas. Tras recibir el consejo de Chuck en este mismo foro, la decisión es si ir a por piezas originales o aftermarket. En ambos casos me preocupa donde encontrarlas con la garantía de que no equivocarme y de que la calidad sea la mejor.

Back