Hello from the UK

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj68coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet with Drag Pack
4 Speed
Hi just joined this forum, i have been slowly restoring a 71 Mach 1 429 Super Cobra Jet 4 speed with Drag Pack. Bought the car last July and it was in a bit of a state as you can see.

20120603_130933.jpg

I believe the car has been in the UK since the mid 70's and was owned by a guy that used to race it at our famous Santa Pod strip. He sold it in 2005 and it sat in a garden until i found it last year. So far i have stripped the front end back to bare metal, repaired all metal work including cowl which was fun!! Have hundreds of photos of my progress.

Rebuilt the motor and tried to get it as accurate to factory as possible using this site http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/ which is fantastic. Have also freshened up the interior with new carpet, upholstery and dash panels. Car is now ready for the road but still needs a repaint and odd and ends completing.

20130430_142403_zpsc1f6a5c3.jpg

20130430_142150_zpsb788da91.jpg

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Great looking job you did under the bonnet! Looking forward to hearing more about your car and seeing more pics.

Thanks for your comments guys much appreciated, i am based just outside North London.

I am sure i will be asking plenty of questions on here now i have joined up, there is not a lot of interest in the 71-73's in the UK and been a member of the UK owners club for a few years and they are mostly in to 65-70 models.

I also have a 68 Coupe Pro Street that i am buildng in my spare time with 408 cleveland and many more goodies.

I bought the 71 as an investment as they are quite rare, i have found only 1 more in the UK up north but that is an auto and not original at present, but used as a daily driver by a guy thats had it for 35 years!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Maine . Great looking car !

I restored and sold a 1972 Mach 1, Q Code, 351-4v, in Bright Blue Metallic with Argent trim to a chap who lives near Bedford area, northeast of London. That was about two years ago. Wonder if he takes the Mach 1 to any of the Mustang shows in his area.

Exterior Pix, 1972 Mach 1, Bright Blue Metallic 015.jpg

Beautiful car and a powerful engine! With those gas prices across the pond in UK you should put in a 6 cylinder and give me that big gas guzzling engine you have :p Looks like a very awesome car.. with that yellow engine bay I'm guessing it used to be yellow??

Hi just joined this forum, i have been slowly restoring a 71 Mach 1 429 Super Cobra Jet 4 speed with Drag Pack. Bought the car last July and it was in a bit of a state as you can see.

I believe the car has been in the UK since the mid 70's and was owned by a guy that used to race it at our famous Santa Pod strip. He sold it in 2005 and it sat in a garden until i found it last year. So far i have stripped the front end back to bare metal, repaired all metal work including cowl which was fun!! Have hundreds of photos of my progress.

Rebuilt the motor and tried to get it as accurate to factory as possible using this site http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/ which is fantastic. Have also freshened up the interior with new carpet, upholstery and dash panels. Car is now ready for the road but still needs a repaint and odd and ends completing. NICE from florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back