Hello From Utah!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KinkyGarage

Reaction score
My Car
‘71 Fastback “Red Door” (I want to pint it black)
Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I live in Herriman Utah. My wife and I have been restoring ‘67 to ‘91 vw vans for a while here in Utah and recently have wanted to restore a car that we can keep and enjoy and have fun with. I’ve always wanted to drive a mustang and the fastback has been a long time dream that I never thought I’d ever come close to pursuing. Well the magical day came where two popped up on the local classifieds. We purchased a very straight ‘71 fastback and a ‘72 Mach 1 that’s got too much rust but came with a ton of new parts and my hopes are to use parts that came with the Mach 1 deal and put them toward the ‘71 and get that one back out on the road. This has been a long time dream and the two seats in the back sure make it very practical for our small family to go on Sunday drives to grandpas house and take to local car shows and meetups. I’d like to build something that my wife and I can also raise some trouble in on the weekend when we have a babysitter (something fast that we can hot dog around with on the way to dinner). In the end I’m looking to put my mark on this mustang and really make it my own rather than restore it completely to its original form (I do have a great respect for originality but I just want to have fun with it).

I’m excited to be a part of the community and look forward to getting to know people here. I’m sure the info on this forum will help tremendously in the restoration and I’m very appreciative toward everyone who has contributed.

(Last photo is at a car show we went to last weekend with a similar looking Mach 1)

Attachments

• 293626CF-1C29-4AA0-BEAF-73852BE06C52.jpeg
    293626CF-1C29-4AA0-BEAF-73852BE06C52.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 80EBDA35-4B61-44D2-9767-5E820F8EACB1.jpeg
    80EBDA35-4B61-44D2-9767-5E820F8EACB1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • 16AAC3F1-A9BF-4727-A47B-8C658A3E0CF6.jpeg
    16AAC3F1-A9BF-4727-A47B-8C658A3E0CF6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
Welcome from Ohio and congrats on you finds. Looks like you will be busy for a while but in the end it will be well worth it. Lots of good info here and a bunch of friendly people willing to help with advice when needed -and maybe some when not 😁. Also, check out the 7173 Wiki at the top of the page. Lots of good stuff there.

Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I live in Herriman Utah. My wife and I have been restoring ‘67 to ‘91 vw vans for a while here in Utah and recently have wanted to restore a car that we can keep and enjoy and have fun with. I’ve always wanted to drive a mustang and the fastback has been a long time dream that I never thought I’d ever come close to pursuing. Well the magical day came where two popped up on the local classifieds. We purchased a very straight ‘71 fastback and a ‘72 Mach 1 that’s got too much rust but came with a ton of new parts and my hopes are to use parts that came with the Mach 1 deal and put them toward the ‘71 and get that one back out on the road. This has been a long time dream and the two seats in the back sure make it very practical for our small family to go on Sunday drives to grandpas house and take to local car shows and meetups. I’d like to build something that my wife and I can also raise some trouble in on the weekend when we have a babysitter (something fast that we can hot dog around with on the way to dinner). In the end I’m looking to put my mark on this mustang and really make it my own rather than restore it completely to its original form (I do have a great respect for originality but I just want to have fun with it).

I’m excited to be a part of the community and look forward to getting to know people here. I’m sure the info on this forum will help tremendously in the restoration and I’m very appreciative toward everyone who has contributed.

(Last photo is at a car show we went to last weekend with a similar looking Mach 1)
Welcome! This site has been invaluable to me in restoring my 72 Convertible. Hang in there and keep going. Mine is almost done. The wealth of knowledge on this site is amazing!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Man it looks like quite the community on here, I appreciate the hospitality and encouragement!
Welcome from Oklahoma. You've come to the right place. Please resist the urge to install 23 windows in the Mustang. Just kidding. Chuck
Haha I did imagine laying down all the seats and star gazing out the flat window in a sleeping bag and slapping westfalia sticker on the bumpers 😆 if it can just go over 55mph on the freeway without overheating I’ll be a happy camper.

Hi from Boise Idaho,
We have some members from here. If your passing through look us up. We would like to meet ya......We'll have a cup of coffee and and a smile for ya.

Welcome from West Texas! I actually grew up in Sandy, and Herriman didn't even exist when left for the Air Force in 1986. Can't wait to see what you come up with. GO JAZZ!!!

Back