Hello from Western Nebraska

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Brian,

Great life story - thanks for sharing. I appreciate your love for your wife and family.

Good on your dad for hanging onto the car. I am sure it will be a great help in continuing on with life being able to wrench and see the Mustang brought back to it's glory. Like the rest of the guys, I will be looking forward to the updates.

SSCN1630.JPGSSCN1628.JPG

Thank you all, so much, for the kind words. I took some pictures today for the "before" collection. As soon as I figure out the picture hosting and attachment they will be here.

This car would be special to no one but me. This is as generic a "CHICK" car as you could make in 1973. My plans are to make the car I wanted when I bought the thing. The car now has 133,344.8 miles on it. The suspension is shot, the heater core leaks, the fuel system has set with fuel in it for 29 years and the tires are barely holding air (three 15" and a 14" spare are on the ground).

My plans, in no particular order, are

• new fuel system - tank, lines, pump and carb
  • new suspension - improved spring rates and lowered
  • wheels and tires - several posts have me thinking 18"
  • brakes (car is a disc brake unit) - four wheel disc
  • Windsor engine upgrade
  • dual exhaust with headers
  • c4 (now leaking) - rebuilt and updated for 400+ hp
  • and update of interior.

Again, thank you for the kind words. I will now try to get some pictures, stick a pin and start a build thread.

Hi Brian,

Still a very clean looking car that will provide some new good times during the resto and bring back good memories when you are soon out driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back