Help finding wheels - 17"-18" rally style / police car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback - 351C-4V, Fitech EFI, T56 Magnum 6 Speed
Hello everyone. I'm starting to look for new wheels for my car as I don't love the 20's on there now. I think they could look better if the car was a lot lower, but I'd still prefer different wheels. My car's not a show car or original so not worried about being period or Ford correct. I saw some wheels a while back that I really liked, but didn't get pic or find out what they were. 

They were basically a black rally style wheel with oval slots. Sort of like a Chevy / Corvette / Chrysler style rally wheel, but I've seen them referred to as police pursuit wheels and seen some pics of police cars running around with something like them. While I can get close by going with a regular rally wheel or some variation, I was hoping to find something in 17"-18" sizes and a variety of offsets and ideally without the hub cap ridge. Basically going for old school police car wheels that are mostly closed with those oval openings in more modern sizes and maybe materials. 

I have seen these that are in the ballpark. Was hoping to get something with smaller openings as these look very Corvette to me and in all black. I know I can get these powder coated, but hoping to just find the right thing straight up. https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/4714/VisionWheel/55 Rally Aluminum?finishID=101 

Anything come to mind? Thanks for any thoughts on this. 

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back