HELP NEEDED TICKING OR KNOCKING SOUND

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know you are happy the damage will be covered by the old man who was responsible. Be sure and let us all know what the actual damage was and how much a mistake like that cost.

I have yet NOT to hear someone revving their engine unmercifully at every car show I have attended. I really don't understand why people do that. Really rude as well when you are talking and a late arrival pulls in then does that to announce their presence as if to say "look at me, the king is here"!

i know you are happy the damage will be covered by the old man who was responsible. Be sure and let us all know what the actual damage was and how much a mistake like that cost.

I have yet NOT to hear someone revving their engine unmercifully at every car show I have attended. I really don't understand why people do that. Really rude as well when you are talking and a late arrival pulls in then does that to announce their presence as if to say "look at me, the king is here"!
Or when you are sitting on the patio and the "biker wanna be's" announce their presence. (coming from a guy that ride, myself)

Always someone that has to be "that person" no matter the event. :)

It is interesting to see the people revving the heck out bikes, then seeing at the HD shop the next day saying they don't know what happened.

:shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2:

Or when you are sitting on the patio and the "biker wanna be's" announce their presence. (coming from a guy that ride, myself)

Always someone that has to be "that person" no matter the event. :)

It is interesting to see the people revving the heck out bikes, then seeing at the HD shop the next day saying they don't know what happened.

:shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2::shrug2:
OK,

So this sort of thing happens all over. I see this with a lot of kids. I just assume that if it breaks, Daddy will buy them a new one.

I sure will :) breaks my heart seeing car on a trailer again :(
Yep, but it even looks good up on that trailer. Glad this is getting done quickly. Also, did the Dad ever say why he did that? Just curious about what he could have been thinking. Was he hard of hearing and just could not hear the motor so he pushed harder on the pedal until he could hear it? Did he offer any reason for doing that?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the guy does come through and pay for all damages, good to go but if he doesn't and you carry comprehensive coverage you're insurance should cover it and then they'll subrogate/sue in an attempt to get their money back from him as the person who caused the damages.

Had you given him permission to start your car, insurance probably wouldn't cover it, but since you didn't, it's the same as vandalism damages, he damaged your car and you had no involvement, it should be covered under your comp coverage.

Jim

My biggest fear :( engine Rod out, engine needs to be overhauled and rebuilt, tried new magnum pushrods, comp cam lifters and rocker arm but still not good, you can hear the Rod when you lift car up and hear it :( well at least I will have new engine rebuilt :) and the guy is paying for everything :)

Anyone recommend anything during the build, how much yall think it cost? And how long? Mechanic is reasonable and done a lot of work with him and he rebuilt clevelands before

Anyone recommend anything during the build, how much yall think it cost? And how long? Mechanic is reasonable and done a lot of work with him and he rebuilt clevelands before
absolutely!

please answer these questions one at a time

tell us exactly what heads, intake, carb and exhaust you have.

are your pistons dished or flat top?

what is your gear ratio?

what if any of these things are you willing to change?

what do you like about how it runs now?

what would you want to change or gain?

will you tun premium gas?

I am so sorry to hear that. It sure didn't sound good in the vid(that's an awful sound, had it happen before). Sure hope you get it rebuilt soon & at a reasonable price. Hopefully there wasn't to much damage done to the crank. Good luck with it!

This really gets me upset, Im sorry you are having to deal with the actions of an ignorant person. keep us posted please.

My biggest fear :( engine Rod out, engine needs to be overhauled and rebuilt, tried new magnum pushrods, comp cam lifters and rocker arm but still not good, you can hear the Rod when you lift car up and hear it :( well at least I will have new engine rebuilt :) and the guy is paying for everything :)

That is the best attitude by far at this point, New fresh rebuild for FREE !!!

See my first post #9

My diagnosis was correct full rebuild..everything pistons, rods, crank, bored.. align bored..the whole shabang.. stop playing games wasting time.. pops did a number on it.

See my project thread for my 351 cj/boss build I just did

To build up a nice all around streetable 351c your looking 5-9k when all is said & done

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-green-72-fastback-former-429-460?page=2

boss.JPG

just out of curiosity can anyone help me identify my block specs?

The last picture show the cam that was used which is Comp Cap 32-234-4 (Hydraulic-Street / Strip use with 3000+ stall, 10:1 compression, low gears. Racy idle.) and it was bad as well. I decided to go with Comp Cam 32-224-4 (Hydraulic-Great for mild Street Machines. Stock converter, 3.30-4.0 gear, headers. Mild rough idle.) also bought the whole Comp Cam Kit

IMG_3345.JPG

IMG_3350.JPG

IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

322244-v.jpg

Upgrade Phase 1
i would not use those ex gaskets . . buy remflex

high volume pump is unnecessary if engine is properly built . . i would install a hardened pin in the distributor gear if i used a high volume pump.

i would not use break in additive . . i use joe gibbs break in oil.

i would not use comp lifters . . they are crap . . i use cranes.

Just read the whole post....this sucks!

Im glad you are getting your engine rebuild and they are paying for the work!

Good luck, build here nasty but street friendly ::devil::::thumb::

Yes another 10 days and the car will be ready again, Total cost the machine shop and mechanic and parts the son deposited in my account was $3300

And I disregarded that gasket and using Fel Pro 1416

Also using these stainless steel Valve set

Will post a pic of engine before it goes back in the car, planning into painting it as well to have the fresh look :)

Thank you Barnett468, I read reviews for joe gibbs break in oil and Summit had the best price :) Thank you for the advise :)

View attachment 27016

View attachment 27017

The machine shop refused to install these valves on my 351 Cleveland, they will use their own so they can warranty my engine :)

Back