HELP NEEDED TICKING OR KNOCKING SOUND

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK i just got my motor back from machine shop, rebuilt and balanced time to put parts all together and paint it before it goes back in my car, now the machine shop did not recommend using Melling high volume oil pump cause they told me it will hurt with the regular oil pan size, this is the current oil pump in it but I want to change it since it may bad and the engine is already open, current one is Melling M84A, would you guys recommend using same on or go with something else, 351C with 4V closed chamber heads.
So what did the machine shop find wrong when they tore the engine apart?

So we fired my engine and break in successfully, however my Fel Pro header gasket blew up and you can hear the exhaust leak, purchased Remflex 3007 to take care of this issue, anyone have good experience with Remflex?

also going to use Brad Penn 15W-40 as my engine oil. Any reviews on that too? Thanks a bunch :)

So we fired my engine and break in successfully, however my Fel Pro header gasket blew up and you can hear the exhaust leak, purchased Remflex 3007 to take care of this issue, anyone have good experience with Remflex?
didnt i suggest you use remflex or was that on another thread?

anyway, they will not leak unless the flange is warped a lot.

Barnett yes you did, I already had Fel Pro thats why I installed it, should have bought the Remflex from the begining before I put engine back in car but oh well.

Barnett yes you did, I already had Fel Pro thats why I installed it, should have bought the Remflex from the begining before I put engine back in car but oh well.
ok...no comment.

Car running Flawlessly, excuse the bright flash and I still need to detail engine more :) Thanks for all the advises I got from all the members :) yall have been a great help.

View attachment 27903

View attachment 27904

Thank you JBOJO :) it runs great too
So...are you going to keep the car now or will it be back up for sale? I thought you had told me you were going to sell it because you were going to get married.

Back