Help with Center Bezel installation - 1972 Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hscott

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 1972 Grande with a standard center bezel that I am replacing. Four screws attach the bezel to the dash. I have the top two screws that attach the bezel to the dash just under the dash pad but I don't have the right screws that attach the bezel at the bottom to the underside of the dash. There are two holes at the bottom of the bezel and at the bottom/underside of the dash. This installs just under the heater controls. Can someone tell me what is the proper screw size for the two holes at the bottom of the bezel. My bezel was removed before I started the project and I have tried a half dozen different screws so far without success. Hope someone might be able to help. Thanks for your assistance.

The bottom is held in by the radio bezel which has four screws. There are u clips on the steel dash frame that they go in. You can see them in the pic below circled in red. Make sure that you get the u-clips also. I forget the exact size but this might help. Here is link to cjpony that shows the screws you need. Might be able to get what you need at your local auto store or Lowes or Home Depot. Take your radio bezel with you and find the correct screw head size and then find the clips to fit.

Bezel Screws.jpg

https://www.cjponyparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=center+bezel+screws

Last edited:
A couple years ago, I bought an entire interior screw kit...is nice as each bag is clearly marked (comes in option of light and dark coloured interior).
is pricy, especially if you only need these 4 screws, but here is an add for CJ Pony parts
These kits are likely available from other suppliers as well
good luck

Attachments

• 4F036C04-2A87-49C0-A844-32C3CD1FEC7E.png
    4F036C04-2A87-49C0-A844-32C3CD1FEC7E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
The bottom is held in by the radio bezel which has four screws. There are u clips on the steel dash frame that they go in. You can see them in the pic below circled in red. Make sure that you get the u-clips also. I forget the exact size but this might help. Here is link to cjpony that shows the screws you need. Might be able to get what you need at your local auto store or Lowes or Home Depot. Take your radio bezel with you and find the correct screw head size and then find the clips to fit.

View attachment 63242

https://www.cjponyparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=center+bezel+screws
Thank you - very helpful - I do have the radio bezel and screws so I should be good to go then.

A couple years ago, I bought an entire interior screw kit...is nice as each bag is clearly marked (comes in option of light and dark coloured interior).
is pricy, especially if you only need these 4 screws, but here is an add for CJ Pony parts
These kits are likely available from other suppliers as well
good luck
Thanks for the reference. Much appreciated.

Hello Hscott,
The four screws used to hold the 18842 radio bezel in place are #8-18 X 3/4" Ford called these Self-tapping, oval head, cross recessed, pointed screws. The Ford part # is 55934-S but unfortunately was discontinued years ago. AMK does have a version of these screws but has a $30.00 minimum order with a $10.00 shipping charge. Too much $$$ unless you need other hardware. Their part number for the 18842 bezel screw kit is F-1093 and is available at vendors such as NPD (National Parts Depot)
As Kilgon suggested, a trip to your local hardware store, Home Depot, or Lowes could be quicker and possibly cheaper. :)

https://www.npdlink.com/product/mou...s=18842&top_parent=200001&year=1971&year=1971

Attachments

• 55934-S.png
    55934-S.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Back