Hey all you shooters out there!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
I've been a moderator on HKPRO.COM for about a hundred years, but have been relatively quiet there since the founder sold his board to a company that sells advertising...

Anyway, I have been poking around there again for a few weeks now, and came across a pet peave thread... One that askes "If you could have only 2 guns, what would they be?"

So, I came up with a tongue-in-cheek response that perhaps some of you will appreciate:

From HKPRO.COM:

I love these questions... but we need context:

Is this just because I can only have 2? Other than that, life is just as usual? If so, then, I'd keep my P7-M8 since it is the best CCW IMO. Next would be my P9S 9mm Target, with SWR QD3K.

Or is this a natural disaster scenario, where looters are running rampant, general civial disorder and a "Police State"... Decide to hunker down inside your home and prepare to fend off raiders? In this scenario, I'd opt for my trusty Remington 870 with 8-shot tube, and my MP5.

Or could this be a post apocalyptic scenario... end of the world as we know it... Pack up everything you can carry and head for the hills, while dodging packs of lawless criminals? In this scenario, I would opt for the MP5 with Gemtech Mk9K and my Marlin 1894c, which can also use the suppressor... good for taking game without alerting those lawless hoards to my whereabouts.

Or, did I find a suitcase full of millions of dollars, and the mob wants it back... knows where I live and I gotta get the hell out of dodge after faking my own death? In this case, I revert back to the first scenario... P7M8 for CCW, and Suppressed P9s for covert work if necessary.

Or, did my wife catch me with my secretary at the no-tell motel down the street, and I've gotta get the hell out of dodge before she finds me and separates me from my tally-whacker? In this most unfortunate scenario, I'm afraid I only have one choice... The gun I carry... P7-M8 goes with me on my long, lonesome journey to rebuild a non-gelded life in a town far away.

It would not be easy to say so long to a few old friends but I'd stick with a 1911 and an AK 47 as my only two. Picking two foods would be easier, pizza and prime rib. Might not live long on that diet but I'd be happy.

Please do not ask to pick two cars.

A Ruger 10/22 to feed myself and a S&W model 19 in case I need to acquire a a high power long gun. Chuck

Funny reply I like the last bit especially

If I was on the coast 22 pistol(super accurate, quiet) and a shotgun if you cant kill it with either 1 of these your in real trouble. get small, run.

If I was inland where distances stretch out 308 rifle and my USP. Unless I was in Timber then it would be same rifle but my 686.

Zombie hordes/Invading extremists. HK G3 and my USP.

Only... two...? :s

scddzr.jpg

Since we're talking about defense a 9m conceal carry and for home protection, a 12 gauge short barrel shotgun. Concerning zombies, those dudes are slow and barely limp along so I'd just avoid them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back