Hi Guys

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.
Crazy, I know, but it's just state law in South Australia - and you can only drive them for 90 days of the year! I guess they reckon they're dangerous - or are trying to reduce the number of imports?
I suppose that points out again why it is called a "legal system" rather than a "justice system". Could you trick them with a mirror? Again, welcome.

Chuck

::welcome:: Why does the Left hand drive make a difference? There are lots of highly modified right hand drive cars in your country.
Crazy, I know, but it's just state law in South Australia - and you can only drive them for 90 days of the year! I guess they reckon they're dangerous - or are trying to reduce the number of imports?
I think it was a Federal Government directive in 1999 that allowed for the importation of 30 year or older LHD vehicles (and kudos to them for common sense!), with each state government given a certain amount of jurisdiction on how to best implement the federal policy. South Australian officials were clearly a weak-kneed bunch of sissies and thought the world might end in a flood of potentially dangerous LHD cars, and I'm guessing they implemented the severe originality system to make sure that only "real collectors" would buy LHD cars, and all of the hoons that like to mod their cars would give them a miss.

Eleven years on and the SA government looks quite bumpkinly and parochial to the rest of us in the neighbouring states considering that the relaxed rules the rest of us enjoy have never caused any problems.

Thankfully for Mustang owners in SA, the cars look fantastic stock anyway, so it's not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back