Hi new guy from Appalachia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Iowa. Keep in mind converting the 73 front end over to a 71-72 front end is a common thing. So it prob is a 73 with a 72 front end. And yes $30K seems very high. 
Yea, you may be right. I'm starting too think it's still got the 73 fenders on it maybe. The 71-72 chrome bumper on it when I zoom in close on the pics doesn't seem to fit into the fender cutout perfectly. Just a guess, but I'd guess it's probably a consignment car & the owner is trying to get his money back out of it. I've probably made it sound worse than it is, it's actually a very nice appearing car at least in the pics. If I get it I'm going to want to get the rubber ducky bumper & the staggered shocks. I'd give him 20K if it checks out in person, maybe a bit more. It looks more like a Boss 351 clone instead of a Mach 1 clone with that chrome front bumper. I've thought about building a 71 Boss 302 clone ever since back in 76 when I ordered a new stripe kit for my 70 Boss 302 from my local Ford dealer & got a complete stripe kit for a 71 Boss 302 instead. I wish I had kept that stripe kit & just ordered another kit for my 70 but it was over 200$, quite a chunk of change for a kid in 76.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come too think of it I do own a 71-73. A 72 Sprint fastback. Sometime back in the 80s I bought a pretty stripped out Sprint rear clip from a junkyard with the intention of building a 429 drag car. Never got around too it. It & a 65 GTO are still back in the woods at a place I used too run a garage (still own the land).

Back