Hidden Radio Antennas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael O’Harran

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Mustang 351C
Currently Under Restoration
In my build I had the antenna hole in the fender welded closed and am starting to install all the electrical components now. The retro fit new features radio will be soon. I wanted to go with a hidden antenna. Any suggestions from others who's had success or failures with any in particular? I am at the point of ordering one and don't have one in mind just yet. Thanks.

does anyone listen to the radio any more???
Lol. Ya good questions. As I build my car I am putting things like the washer tank and pump in it and someone asked when will you use that on a finished car. But though mine won't be original, I want an old classic car to be as if its new wither everything functioning, though your right, I'd probably use the Bluetooth every time.

I love mine, although as mentioned it is never in the up position which makes it even nicer. My old head unit had a wire that was only powered when the unit was actually in radio mode. my new unit did not have that luxury so i had to wire in a switch.

It was a long time ago that i bought / installed it and i don't have any records of what i bought,so I can't help there, i remember it came with a couple different options for how it sat in the fender, but don't remember exactly why i went with this look..

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/b299/mudbilly/P1010001.JPG
how do i get the image to show in the thread and not be a clickable link ?

Check reception on where you want to place your hidden antenna. I am restoring a 67 Mustang with a hidden antenna now. The shop that started the project had bought the antenna and replaced both front fenders without drilling the antenna hole. As I am finishing the interior I start looking for a place to hide the antenna AND make it work. Right now the plan is to place the little black box in the center of the windshield base and forward on the dash pad. The wire will be hidden but not the black box. I will be interested in what you come up with. Maybe different on a 71-73.
Good luck 👍

Back