High beams light indicator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/408C stroker
I am trying to find the circuit or wires that feed the high beam indicator in the instrument panel - the one with the horse in the tach. I can't find it in the wiring diagrams. Mine stopped working last year. The bulb seems fine but the light is not turning on anymore so I need to troubleshoot it. Any advice will be appreciated.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
It is a green/black wire that goes to the dash cluster connector. How do you know that the bulb is OK? Check the traces on the circuit card to see if there is a break there for the signal and for the ground lead.

Reaction score
My Car
It is a green/black wire that goes to the dash cluster connector. How do you know that the bulb is OK? Check the traces on the circuit card to see if there is a break there for the signal and for the ground lead.
Thanks. Tonight I will try to light up the bulb to triple check. It will be an easy fix if that's the problem.

Reaction score
My Car
So I am embarrassed to say that it was the bulb holder. I wired it directly and it was not turning on. I had already tested several bulbs and nothing. The contacts in the holder had separated and they were not making contact. Now they are closer together and working again. I should have checked that before posting.😖

Latest posts