High Optioned fixer Mach on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Reaction score
My Car
I have a 71 Mach 1 grabber blue and white, a 73 Mach 1 Copper and White with power sunroof and a 73 Convertible all loaded
Well, I should be downsizing, but I just HAD to buy it! I paid more than I wanted to, but that's okay. Dark Green is not my favorite color, and I already have several that color, but I was hooked when I saw the list of options. I've looked at tons of photos the owner sent me, and the body of this car appears to be in much better shape than the loaded out dark green 71 M code, 4 speed convertible I bought a couple years back. That car is coming along nicely. I'll try to find a link to that car and show some pictures of the progress.

Well, I should be downsizing, but I just HAD to buy it! I paid more than I wanted to, but that's okay. Dark Green is not my favorite color, and I already have several that color, but I was hooked when I saw the list of options. I've looked at tons of photos the owner sent me, and the body of this car appears to be in much better shape than the loaded out dark green 71 M code, 4 speed convertible I bought a couple years back. That car is coming along nicely. I'll try to find a link to that car and show some pictures of the progress.
Congratulations on the new edition, are you giving tours of the collection? It would be worth the drive from Tennessee to see it.

Congratulations on the new edition, are you giving tours of the collection? It would be worth the drive from Tennessee to see it.
Thanks! I just responded to Jeff about the same thing. Unfortunately, my collection is spread out over a wide area. A lot of my cars are at my shop. Three of my cars are on display at the Mustang Museum of America in Odenville, AL. That is a "must see" if you are in this area. They are also helping me store a lot of my cars. I also have a lot of my cars spread out at different restoration shops in the area. Lastly, a lot of my cars need full restoration and are major projects, just like this car. With all that said, I'd love to show you what I can if your ever in this area!

Glad you got it. I would have easily paid that price if I weren't better at downsizing than you. I almost bid on it, but would have felt the need to sell another 71 Mach project that I'm not ready to sell yet and still haven't sold a 73 Convertible which I need to try harder to sell

Last edited:
Congratulation on your new purchase! Only options that car did not have are the front and rear spoilers, and the side stripes, it seems like it had everything else...

Congrats! I almost bid on it too. (Don't tell my wife...)

That color combo is one of my favorites, especially with just the argent hood treatment and no side stripes!

Congratulation on your new purchase! Only options that car did not have are the front and rear spoilers, and the side stripes, it seems like it had everything else...
True. I don't think the front spoiler was an option, but I could be wrong. They were standard on the Boss 351s. The REAL thing it's missing is a 429CJ motor!

https://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1971/1971_00007_01.jpg. Almost the goal I presume. Green looks better with ginger and Better with no stripe. I'd rather drive a 351 than a 429 any day as long as I'm not doing a straight line race which is highly unlikely. Surely a better car than most 429's in my opinion. Hope we see pics of your restorations and where do you find or match comfort weave upholstery for your cars especially the white and gray striped type

Last edited:
https://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1971/1971_00007_01.jpg. Almost the goal I presume. Green looks better with ginger and Better with no stripe. I'd rather drive a 351 then a 429 any day as long as I'm not doing a straight line race which is highly unlikely. Surely a better car than most 429's in my opinion. Hope we see pics of your restorations and were do you find or match comfort weave upholstery for your cars especially the white and gray striped type
Greg, years ago, I bought a roll of that gray and white insert material from a company that specialized in vintage auto interior material. Very expensive. I think I have enough to do two cars. I'm saving it for just the right car. I also lucked out years back and actually found a new reproduction set someone was selling that has the correct insert material. Apparently, there was a time long ago when you could buy replacement sets with the correct insert material. Regarding the ginger, I have a mint, flawless set of seats I bought years ago. They came out of a low mile car that was wrecked. I didn't even have a car with ginger interior at that time. I only knew one day I would need them. I agree regarding the 351s. They are great motors. I'll be sure to post pictures as the restoration comes along. Kevin.

Back