Honeycomb rear panel on Grande?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfeverrr

Reaction score
My Car
'71 351C coupe
It may be an obvious answer, but I just wanted to be sure before I bought one - will the rear Mach I honeycomb-style tail light panel fit on the Grande? Holes line up, etc.?

Thanks -

The honeycomb and camera case (Grande) trim panels are the same size and shape, and mount to the taillight panel in the same manner. It should be a matter of just swapping the plastic panel (using the same molding and fasteners).

Hope that helps!

Glad someone asked this because I've been thinking about the same thing...

Moldings are different too - save your straight moldings, they are getting hard to find.

Moldings for the plastic honeycomb panel have a cut out to clear the gas cap.

Item #D2ZZ-6342342/84

71-73 HONEYCOMB PANEL AND MOLDINGS SET

Set includes honeycomb tail panel and 2 piece trim moldings. Excellent quality, fit and finish. Price: $144.95

I have new clips and nuts if you need them too.

Don

Yup, worked perfectly, and with a new gas cap, too, really perked up the old girl's rear end!

BTW - I used new trim pieces, and glad I did. They look much better and brighter (more chrome-ish) than the originals.

Thanks again to all for the info.

Really happy with the way this has brightened up, and "sportied up" the rear end of the car.

I originally mounted the pop-top cap from my old Mach 1, but ultimately decided that a new standard cap with the black details looked better on my white car w/ black vinyl top:

Back