hood latch support

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blkulis,

To my knowledge the latch support is not being reproduced for our year Mustangs at this time. Factor in the amount of cars scrapped in the past 40+ years and a part that was easily damaged in front end collisions, and yes there is not an infinite  supply of these type parts. The 71 Mustang used a dual vertical support hood latch system until  6/14/71. After that date all 71-73 Mustangs used a single vertical hood latch support.  NOS versions are extremely rare but I believe I may have located one at NOS Parts. The majority of their parts are genuine Ford parts purchased from Ford Motor Company or from Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealers who were past the eligible return date  to Ford. I have purchased items from them and  never had any bad experiences. Ford part # is D2ZZ-16747-A

https://nospartsltd.com/product/d2zz16747a/

You could also try Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. They have parts cars and could possibly have some used versions looking for a new home.

Good luck with your parts search.

Back