hood latch support

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So - anybody figured out why mine has a single support if they didn't change them over until June of '71?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric

Eric, I doubt it had a single support bracket from the factory.

I have seen some odd things but the grille and brackets for the single style set up were not being made in 10 / 70.

Don
I suppose it's possible that the car had been wrecked and newer stuff replaced onto it. However, based on all the Redneck Engineering that's been discovered, I highly doubt they would've actually done the right thing and used genuine Ford parts to repair something as trivial as a hood latch support (convering everything else I've found being original). ;)
But you never know how may people owned it, wrecked it, worked on it.

maybe the first owner did things right.

So - anybody figured out why mine has a single support if they didn't change them over until June of '71?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric

Eric, I doubt it had a single support bracket from the factory.

I have seen some odd things but the grille and brackets for the single style set up were not being made in 10 / 70.

Don
I suppose it's possible that the car had been wrecked and newer stuff replaced onto it. However, based on all the Redneck Engineering that's been discovered, I highly doubt they would've actually done the right thing and used genuine Ford parts to repair something as trivial as a hood latch support (convering everything else I've found being original). ;)
But you never know how may people owned it, wrecked it, worked on it.

maybe the first owner did things right.
Good point. I do remember finding some 'aftermarket' welds on the passenger side of the core support before I cut the original front clip off the car (not so much on the driver side though). You win this round, Don! rofl

OK BK - here's the hood latch support I got with the new front clip. Let me know if you still want it.

hoodlatchsupport.jpg

I'm trying to narrow down when Ford changed from 2 vertical hood latch support to a single support. In general 71s had two and 72-73s had one. Does anyone have a car with a build date of June through December, 1971? If so, please respond with number of supports and build date. I know it seems trivial but mild OCD makes these questions surface.

Thanks, Chuck
Do you know where to buy a 1972 Hood Latch Support Bracket? Mine is all dinged up and not repairable.

i can tell you 1972 cars built after august 71 were Single latch supports.

I'm trying to narrow down when Ford changed from 2 vertical hood latch support to a single support. In general 71s had two and 72-73s had one. Does anyone have a car with a build date of June through December, 1971? If so, please respond with number of supports and build date. I know it seems trivial but mild OCD makes these questions surface.

Thanks, Chuck
Do you know where to buy a 1972 Hood Latch Support Bracket? Mine is all dinged up and not repairable.
I have some pm sent

Don

Back