Horn going off

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Lately I'd swear my stang possessed.

I have a grant steering wheel that I changed to including the horn kit two years ago and all was fine.

Now when turning the wheel, the horn will sometimes beep and sometimes it doesn't.

I pulled the grant kit off and made sure that all connections were secured. But it still beeps sometimes.

Could the grant horn kit go bad, or could it be something causing it to go off within the steering wheel column?

Thanks

I bet it is in the switch but I'm not familiar with that wheel.

Funny story. I bought a rim blow wheel last summer and installed it this past spring. After it was installed, it wouldn't work. After a few tries, I determined that the switch was bad and needed to be replaced. I just left it and went in the house. A week later my daughter called scared and embarrassed because an alarm was going off in the garage, and according to one of the many annoyed neighbors, it had been doing so all afternoon. She had finally determined it was the horn and my wife told her the battery should die soon.

Not true. I had it plugged into a trickle charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem, and ended up just unplugging the switch until I get the chance to figure it out
Ended up pulling the plugs off the horn.

Thinking about just buying a new horn kit and hope for the best.

Otherwise, if it's something within the steering column, ain't never going to be fixed.

Horn, we don't need no stinkin horn.

You guys haven't been parking next to a red '58 Plymouth Fury have you?

The Grant steering wheel horn is notorious for the junk horn button. I had to disconnect mine and installed a button on the dash. Did this so the car would pass the state inspection. Took off the stupid dash button and use hand/finger gestures instead of the horn lollerz (in Christian love of course)

Funny you should mention that as I'm thinking of renaming Mustang Sally to Christine.

Now the drivers power window is giving me some trouble. Sounds like a roller problem going up.

Funny you should mention that as I'm thinking of renaming Mustang Sally to Christine.

Now the drivers power window is giving me some trouble. Sounds like a roller problem going up.
We bought a parts car during restoration that I called Christine. In the first day she came unhooked while putting it in the garage and crashes into a new car and three days later leaked gas tank on the floor (unrelated to the wreck). Not sure that thing didn't cost me more than it saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back