Horror and Sci-Fi Movies

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love scifi movies! I'll watch just about anything...

I even enjoy the SyFy Channel "B" movies like Sharktapus and Raptor Island! LOL...they are so cheesy that they are highly entertaining!
I hate what's happened to SyFy. Back in the early days, it was actually pretty cool. I lost all respect for it when they killed "Farscape," and hung around only for "Stargate SG-1." Never could get into "Stargate Atlantis" or the new "Battlestar Galactica" series.

There's another Sci-Fi movie, that might cross over into the 'B' movie category: the original "Battlestar Galactica."

I hate what's happened to SyFy. Back in the early days, it was actually pretty cool. I lost all respect for it when they killed "Farscape," and hung around only for "Stargate SG-1." Never could get into "Stargate Atlantis" or the new "Battlestar Galactica" series.

There's another Sci-Fi movie, that might cross over into the 'B' movie category: the original "Battlestar Galactica."
Nope not a b flick..Even know the original is not popular and seems cheesy a bit now days...It still stands as one of the most expencive tv series ever made to this date.....It was like tring to make the movie star wars each week..The effects so hard to make back in 1978....Even know it was number 1 and at very least number 3 on the charts by its final season...It was canceled due to cost and george lucas kept sueing them each week...saying they stole it all from star wars...lucas even sued them over using lasers...lol..I loved the original as a kid...So i watched alot of shows about the demise of it..lol..Its sad but history

I liked farscape too..It was like a new version of buck rogers too me...lol....but it was the sign of the times....Problem with new series back then...Is they played the new ones on friday and sat night...Well most people are out and runing around on friday and sat nights....Wasnt till the last 5 years they noticed how many good shows died cause they was airing them only on fridays and sats "farscape and shows like firefly paid for it" heck even family guy was cancled and futrurama due fox tring to boost its friday night watchers...But soon as other networks got ahold of the shows and played them on a weekday...they took off bigger than ever.....all new popular shows come out on monday threw weds now...cause they learned...Most people sit down to watch tv after a hard days work..lol

:D:D:D:D "Thats all folks"! A little studder there. I can just imagine myself on those back roads between Jennerstown and Somerset, PA on how very dear freinds have bitten the dust as those "Coal Trucks" come barreling over the hills and curves, late at night and there is no where to go to get out of their way when they drift over into your lane(in those narrow two lane roads as route 30) My scary scene is in "Jeepers Creepers" II when that truck (looks like a locamotive) was pushing those kids off the road!

Since this is a horror/sci-fi thread, I figure I HAVE to bring it back from the dead!

Hammer Films "The Creeping Flesh"

Rollerball (the original)

Moon (fits in well with 2001/Space:1999 and has a tenuous connection to Bladerunner)

I liked In the Company of Wolves (beware the man whose eyebrows meet...)

Anything by Gene Roddenberry that stars John Saxon!

Some of the most traumatic viewing I have seen

Livid

Trouble everyday

In my skin

Frontiers this one is vicious

In their sleep

Switchblade romance/High tension.

All are French and all are sick in their own right. You can get subs from opensubs google it.

August Underground trilogy, but that's an obvious 1, like wise human centipede movies. Men behind the sun, A Serbian film, Salo

Kill List

The whole guineapig series

Mermaid in a man hole

Taxidermia

Cannibal holocaust

Cannibal Ferrox

Heaps more but I cant remember them just at the moment

Horror flick? is Jane Fonda in it? ;)

Not really a fan of horror flicks, but Silent Rage is kind of classic sci-fi horror B movie.

Has anyone mentioned the Alien series with Sigourney Weaver? The original Total Recall was also pretty good, and who can forget Starship Troopers.

Some of the most traumatic viewing I have seen

Livid

Trouble everyday

In my skin

Frontiers this one is vicious

In their sleep

Switchblade romance/High tension.

All are French and all are sick in their own right. You can get subs from opensubs google it.

August Underground trilogy, but that's an obvious 1, like wise human centipede movies. Men behind the sun, A Serbian film, Salo

Kill List

The whole guineapig series

Mermaid in a man hole

Taxidermia

Cannibal holocaust

Cannibal Ferrox

Heaps more but I cant remember them just at the moment
Hey, there's a whole bunch I haven't yet seen! Thanks!

The most horrifying show I ever watched (just for a few moments...it sickened me) was The Bachelorette.

The scariest movie ever... Fatal Attraction!

second scariest... Bridges of Madison County... haven't been able to take my kids to the state fair since I saw it.

Sci-fi:

The Last Starfighter - you nailed it nailpounder

Weird Science

Wraith

My Science Project

A real horror film/scifi is Star Trek V:Final Frontier. I still have nightmares of William Shatner directing another Star Trek movie and sending me into epileptic spasms having forked over money to watch his idea of movie making! Argh!!!

The Last Starfighter, yep. Love Robert Preston in that one. And being a big arcade game junkie helped sell that movie to me.

Nope not a b flick..Even know the original is not popular and seems cheesy a bit now days...It still stands as one of the most expencive tv series ever made to this date.....It was like tring to make the movie star wars each week..The effects so hard to make back in 1978....Even know it was number 1 and at very least number 3 on the charts by its final season...It was canceled due to cost and george lucas kept sueing them each week...saying they stole it all from star wars...lucas even sued them over using lasers...lol..I loved the original as a kid...So i watched alot of shows about the demise of it..lol..Its sad but history

I liked farscape too..It was like a new version of buck rogers too me...lol....but it was the sign of the times....Problem with new series back then...Is they played the new ones on friday and sat night...Well most people are out and runing around on friday and sat nights....Wasnt till the last 5 years they noticed how many good shows died cause they was airing them only on fridays and sats "farscape and shows like firefly paid for it" heck even family guy was cancled and futrurama due fox tring to boost its friday night watchers...But soon as other networks got ahold of the shows and played them on a weekday...they took off bigger than ever.....all new popular shows on monday threw weds now...cause they learned...Most people sit down to watch tv after a hard days work..lol
the originals were the best! Even those before my time like Max Shrech when he played the original vampire in Nos Feratu back @ 1917 in B n W.

The same-the remake of the Uninvited w/Nicole Kidman not the same impact as the one w/Ray Miland-@ 5 decades prior.

More sci-fi than horror, "Hardware" and it's thriller (more so than horror) prequel "Dust Devil". Two very different movies, but the connection was going to be explained in the never made third movie.

Another s-f film from France, "Le Dernier Combat". A post apocalyptic story by the future creator of The Professional and The Fifth Element.

Back