how long have you owned your 71-72-73 mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I bought my 72 in 1984 and although I've had a lot of offers from potential buyers I always answer their offers with "It's not for sale" I've owned a mustang since I was 16 years old and I just turned 60 and I plan on owning this present car until the day I die. So how about you How long have you been into this mania for me it's been 44 years of mustang ownership and hopefully a lot more to come.

I always had a least one Mustang since I was 15 in 1979, currently have three stangs total. One 72 Sprint sportsroof (since 2012) and one 72 Sprint coupe (since 2015).

Last edited by a moderator:
5.5 years... always been a fan, but fell in love in 1982 (when I was 14) with a Grabber Yellow H-Code Mach 1.

Drooled over a '71 M-Code Mach 1, and a '72 Sprint Coupe from 1987-88 (the cars owned by a few friends when I was stationed at Holloman AFB, NM) while I had my '82 Mustang. Curiously, never noticed any '71-2-3s until spring of 2010, when I picked up a copy of Mustang Monthly just because I was bored one day - saw an article about a Grabber Lime '71 Mach 1 and was reminded again of the Yellow H-Code. A few months later I found mine on Craigslist, waffled for a few weeks, then finally bought it in August 2010.

Bought my '71 Mach in the Spring of 72 as a left over 71 demo. Owned it ever since.

Mac

5.5 years... always been a fan, but fell in love in 1982 (when I was 14) with a Grabber Yellow H-Code Mach 1.

Drooled over a '71 M-Code Mach 1, and a '72 Sprint Coupe from 1987-88 (the cars owned by a few friends when I was stationed at Holloman AFB, NM) while I had my '82 Mustang. Curiously, never noticed any '71-2-3s until spring of 2010, when I picked up a copy of Mustang Monthly just because I was bored one day - saw an article about a Grabber Lime '71 Mach 1 and was reminded again of the Yellow H-Code. A few months later I found mine on Craigslist, waffled for a few weeks, then finally bought it in August 2010.
Mister 4 x 4,

My grabber lime Mach was a Nov '09 Mustang Monthly feature car, wonder if it's the one you remember. Haven't seen too many grabber lime ones in Mustang Monthly.

Posted the magazine article in the garage section of this site. Check it out under the name "Mac".

Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
I became the second owner in 1981. So I have had it for 35 years when this April gets here.

kcmash

Back