How to Clean Hood Graphic?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssiegel4

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Mustang Front Hood stripe.jpg

I know that this black hood graphic isn't exactly supposed to shine but it isn't entirely flat either, correct? What product is recommended to clean it and make it look nice?

First things first - has the car been repainted? If it is the original paint then any type of car wash and wax will work. If the car has been repainted, then I would be careful. I would check with the painter to see what he used on the hood and body for the blackout. If it is a matte black paint then you will need to be careful on what cleaner you use and you cannot wax those areas. If it is just regular flat black paint then once again you can wash and wax. If it is a matte black paint look for cleaner such as the one listed below. This is what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-U...7852&sprefix=matt+black+clean,aps,351&sr=8-14

My hood and trim black is SEM HotRod Black. I have found that Mothers Instant Detailer works fine without adding any shine to it. I used that product since the car was painted.
I've not seen the detailers mentioned here in Canada, but then I might not have looked to hard either. Good info to have.

Back