How to price my mustang??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with the responses of how difficult FB and EBay are now. Craigslist I don’t even bother with. FB is really not any better. eBay screws the crap out of you with fees. On FB Mktplc, I had a set of FREE, yes, $0 rims and tires for a 94-95 Mustang GT I was trying to get rid of—I had 10 responses within 2 hours; then schedule, no show, schedule, no show…. Also there were the “is this still available:” messages where you reply yes, and they ghost you. I truly hate selling stuff today where I actually used to find it fun. I may just buy a dumpster and let the dirtbags sort it out from there.
I find Craigs List caters to such a small audience since it is more local. For lower cost more common vehicles I've had luck and the free add part made it easy to digest. I just don't get why there isn't a way to report flakes so you can check them out before you make appointments etc.. Flakes need to be held accountable and it hurts the sites accountability etc. It always amazes me how much time of yours they are willing to waste when I find it so easy to do the right thing. Never been on Facebook. Ebay at least has a wide audience. I prefer a 30 day listing over a 7 day auction. Many buyers may not be looking in that 7-day period. It is easier to lower your price than to raise it so you can always start at your target price and maybe put best offer. Sell the car as is and if it doesn't sell then try other options. In a few months I will be asking questions here about selling my convertible.

A final note from me; Sellers want the highest price they can get. Buyers want the lowest price they can buy it for. Post high at first. You can always lower the price, but you can't (easily) raise it. The hope is you meet in the middle where both are satisfied....... sort of!
My car is appraised at 40K, I doubt I'd even get close to that number despite the "wow, what a beautiful car" comments I get often.

A final note from me; Sellers want the highest price they can get. Buyers want the lowest price they can buy it for. Post high at first. You can always lower the price, but you can't (easily) raise it. The hope is you meet in the middle where both are satisfied....... sort of!
My car is appraised at 40K, I doubt I'd even get close to that number despite the "wow, what a beautiful car" comments I get often.
Agree on the start high and work down. The problem with many sellers is what they see in their eyes vs what the potential buyer sees. Just take a look around your workshop at all the items you might be holding onto. Too many people tell their selves "that might be worth something" when in reality it's not. The same applies here, perceived value vs actual value.

I find Craigs List caters to such a small audience since it is more local. For lower cost more common vehicles I've had luck and the free add part made it easy to digest. I just don't get why there isn't a way to report flakes so you can check them out before you make appointments etc.. Flakes need to be held accountable and it hurts the sites accountability etc. It always amazes me how much time of yours they are willing to waste when I find it so easy to do the right thing. Never been on Facebook. Ebay at least has a wide audience. I prefer a 30 day listing over a 7 day auction. Many buyers may not be looking in that 7-day period. It is easier to lower your price than to raise it so you can always start at your target price and maybe put best offer. Sell the car as is and if it doesn't sell then try other options. In a few months I will be asking questions here about selling my convertible.
I suggest pulling the Cleveland and selling it for 8G's and selling the rest of the car for 5. If I had seen your post before I got balls deep into my Cleveland rebuild I would have bought it.

I suggest pulling the Cleveland and selling it for 8G's and selling the rest of the car for 5. If I had seen your post before I got balls deep into my Cleveland rebuild I would have bought it.
How about listing the Cleveland and if you get a buyer then pull it. Better to hear it run if possible. Can list whole car at the same time. Have different price ranges with different parts included. Can't see pulling the engine until you have a buyer wanting that. I would just list it all at your price and maybe you will be lucky and could be wasting time weighing other options. Even lowering your price is better than extending this matter. Time and energy saved has a value. Lose money on a project or lose time and money.

Back