I did it again....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Last night on my way home from work I watched the odometer go from 99999 to 00000 for the second time since I bought the car.

I got it in 2001 with a little over 25000 on the odo. In June 2009 I watched it go to 00000 while driving south from Austria into northern Italy.

Ok, it's kilometers, not miles but still. I've now put 175000 km on this car all by myself. I've never put that many kms on one of my daily drivers.

So here's to the next 100000. ::beer::

That's cool! My odo is at around 46000 on it's third trip around. It probably won't see the 00000 again. I just don't drive it enough. But it's a good goal for me to have!

I am happy you are getting so much fun use out of you car. It must be extra fun to have such a cool car in Europe.

Sweet. Congrats. I'm the kind of guy who puts a pile of miles on a car before I change it (I guess I get attached to things). Had a 97 chevy blazer I put 445,000 miles on and a 2000 BMW 323 I put 380,000 on. Both still ran and looked good when I sold them.

Lux: you are now a legitimate two-timer. Congratulations.

Awesome! Congrats on rollover number 2!

175000 kilos since you have owned it? That sounds like a daily. ;)
During the summer months I use it almost exclusively and you might consider it a daily driver. In fact, I rent a garage about 20 minutes away from my home and my VW Golf which is my daily driver has been garaged there for 7 weeks straight now. That means I haven't seen it in 7 weeks.

In the 6 weeks before that I only used the Golf twice because I needed the trunk to haul some pieces of furniture and that was it, so basically I have been driving the Mustang exclusively for 11 weeks with only two small exceptions.

I also stopped worrying about the weather. I used to drive the Mustang only when the sun was shining but this season I decided to screw that too. It's only water after all. Now salt is a different thing and I will avoid it at all costs but rain.... nah! :)

Rain = Less traction = more fun! :)

Rain = Less traction = more fun!
Yeah.... the pavement has to be wet for my 73 to have a prayer at spinning the tires....

Back