I finally found my home!

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome from NE Tennessee. Nice looking car. The hood is fine. Not factory, but if you're happy with it, then it's fine. As far as clear coating the side stripes, check with the decal manufacturer. I know that the instructions for my stripes specifically say, don't clear coat.

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 T5 Q-Code 4-Speed
Welcome from Germany 🤗

Hope you get back your car soon and the work they have done is good though! Like the color! I would not paint the stripes, clear coat could get chipped off over the years. If garage kept you should not have any problems with discoloration or anything on them...

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome from West Texas!

CONGRATULATIONS! I LOVE the paint, the stance, and just about everything about it. Can't wait til you get it back home and finish putting it all back together. I also fell in love with these cars back in the '80s - first documented case when I was 14.

Are you planning on sticking with those wheels, or going with something different? I ask, because I had a similar set-up on mine with 15x8 & 15x10 Cragar S/Ss, and the 4" back spacing had the rears sticking out of the fenders as well. Eventually, I got tired of them rubbing when the suspension would cycle, and got some custom-made S/Ss w/5.25" back spacing and now they tuck just enough not to rub. I also love that style of rim - I just tossed a set of Pro Comp 69s on my Jeep CJ-7, as a matter of fact.

Oh, and my hood black-out is set-back too far and clear coated as well. I wish the folks who made the stencil would adjust the measurements, because it seems like painters these days don't read instructions, nor do they tend to put the hood nose trim pieces on before they paint (or rear corners, or mirrors, etc.). I agree that clearing the stripes is probably not necessary, unless it's going to be living outside.

Good luck with it all! You have indeed come to the right place.