I got COVID!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B229218

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 521 c.j.

Not Mustang related but is VERY serious,I got  Covid 19 this is no joke people don’t believe these selfish morons that don’t wanna wear masks just wear your damn mask protects other people from you I don’t know where the hell I got it but this little bastard just will not leave me alone!

so please everybody take this little bugger serious and Get your vaccine shot as soon as it is out don’t be like these idiots who don’t believe in it I just get rid of this damn thing please!!

Well I’m actually feeling pretty good lately I came down about two weeks ago symptoms were alternating evening fever and then a major gas attack. Then I have this weird feeling and quiet breathing and breathing just wanted to stop on its own  strange that’s what I tested.

If you can keep your O2 level above 80% They wont intubate you, keep deep breathing in through the nose out through the mouth lots of fluids and Gatorade to loosen the phlegm And please wear your mask Let’s not get this virus a chance and anybody else

Sorry to hear.  Hang in there.  This virus is very real.  I agree masks are an absolute must if you go out in public.  The airlines also seem to support this as they have a list of individuals they deny service to for not wearing masks.  

Get well soon!!

Personally, I've business traveled this whole year and been fortunate enough to not come down with it yet. Probably been in 20 different cities, in 6 different states. That's a lot of meetings, flights, rental cars, hotel rooms, and all food coming from either a restaurant or Grubhub. I'm pretty convinced that the ONLY things that have kept me from getting COVID are Masks, More frequent hand washing,  and boosting up on Vitamins C, D and Zinc. I could not agree more that you should definitely wear a mask. 

We had our monthly Cars and Coffee meet-up yesterday morning. I was one of VERY FEW people wearing a mask. Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed. Yes, we were outside which helps, but still with around 100 people there, and a lot of close contact long conversations, the risk was certainly there, and just by the numbers someone there most likely had it. It's a bummer to see how many people refuse to be slightly inconvenienced enough to wear one, and how many refuse to for political purposes also.  

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.  I'm with you on the mask.  So simple to do and would save lives.  We just got word this morning that my sister in law passed away from it.  She got it about a week ago and went down hill fast.  She was 76, had diabetes and was on dialysis.  All strikes against her.  Not for sure where she got it from.  

Guess living in CORONA, CA did not help :cool: .  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I also wear a mask.  Last week I went the the HUGE auto swap meet in Moultrie, GA and I would say maybe 2% of the thousands of people there were wearing a mask.

I hope you kick it's ass, I know you will kick it' ass. Keep digging for sure. I was at Dr. last week almost had pneumonia from my emphysema got some meds and much better. He has had several older patients in 70's & 80's make it through. He said that all the studies they are tracking everything on those that do well and those that do not do well. The vitamin D3 and Zinc levels are key. Those with above normal levels do really well but if you are low you do not do well. So he checked mine and I was 1/4 of normal so taking 10,000 units a day now.
I was made fun of here by our Mustang club that I dropped out of when Covid just started. I was in contact with friends in China and I posted on the club facebook page that everyone should stock up on masks before they went away back November 2019. One of the members is the head of the biggest hospital in the area. He made fun of me and said I knew nothing about medical and the masks would do nothing. What an idiot he is and I will tell him to his face if I see him at a show with his GT-40. I had several cases of 3-M N-95 masks so I was covered and if needed can use N100 paint mask.
I keep hand sanitizer in truck and use over and over when I have to go out.
I am covered on meat for sure. Today was a doe day and we had 4 tags issued for doe and 2 bucks. I took 3 doe within seconds this morning they are skinned and hanging cooling. So I took 5 deer this year will share with friends.
So this old man shot three deer at 8:00 hauled them 1/4 mile to house and skinned them. Was done by one can't find game bags I just bought, darn.
Get you some D-3 5,000 unit tabs if you can find and zinc.

B229218, I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.  Kilgon, I'm sorry about your S-I-L.  I lost my twin brother to Covid on July 3rd, and it's still hard to wrap my head around.  I do wear a mast when I go out, or when around other folks other than close family that I know are negative.  Around here, so many people aren't wearing masks, and I just don't get it.  

Again, B229218, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  

B229218, I hope you have a quick and complete recovery.  Kilgon, I'm sorry about your S-I-L.  I lost my twin brother to Covid on July 3rd, and it's still hard to wrap my head around.  I do wear a mast when I go out, or when around other folks other than close family that I know are negative.  Around here, so many people aren't wearing masks, and I just don't get it.  

Again, B229218, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.  
Thank you and so sorry to hear about your brother.  I lost my brother a little over 3 years ago and it still is hard for me at times.  I can only imagine what you must feel with him being your twin.

Wishing you the Very best for a speedy recovery, this Virus sucks, even today its been announced on British TV that F1 driver Lewis Hamilton has just been tested positive!   Now if people like him can get it with all the precautions around him it means anyone can get this.  Pushing a door open when someone else has recently touched it is easy done.  Lets hope any vaccine is vigorously tested before rolling it out! 

Thank you to all who have responded, and a tearfull head bow to all the loved ones that have been taken by this pandemic. 

I have beaten this, will be considered 100 percent cleared on this sunday, back to work taking x rays, a new found appreciation for life I have. God bless the 71-73 mustang community, It really feels like a family, thank you.

Guess living in CORONA, CA did not help :cool: .  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I also wear a mask.  Last week I went the the HUGE auto swap meet in Moultrie, GA and I would say maybe 2% of the thousands of people there were wearing a mask.
LOL When this started I told people Corona residents probably were IMMUNE!!  :rofl:

Great news to hear! 

I hear drinking lots of Corona beer also helps keeping one hydrated during the illness.  So my bartender told me, and he's an expert at these things...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news to hear! 

I hear drinking lots of Corona beer also helps keeping one hydrated during the illness.  So my bartender told me, and he's an expert at these things...
The problem is that tends to lead to Lime Disease.

These last two comments r2 funny!!

Believe it or not some people in socal "heard" about corona beer COID cures!! Smart people in the I.E.!! :classic_dry:

I just got off a 2 week battle with COVID!  It isn't fun, that's for sure!  Mine was mild...I didn't end up in the hospital at all but I could have been close if the shortness of breath/uncontrollable coughing got any worse.  Dr said as long as I could catch my breath sitting or laying, I was OK...luckily that was the case or I would have to call 911.  Today is my first day back to work in 2 weeks! 

Be safe folks!  Covid is serious shit!

Back