I have it bad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I seem to have gotten the bug bad and need something to calm me down. In December I purchased a 73 H convertible off ebay, Califorina car 48,000 miles never painted or molested. I also bought a 72 Q vert off craigslist that had lots of work done and piles of parts with it. I have 6 other mustangs. While looking for some parts I found another 72 vert H, with air, auto, p.s., p.b., tilt column, full console, AM/FM radio, and power windows. He had given up after pulling up the carpet and seeing the ground. Got it for $1,000 for a parts car. I will go over it good and post some pics and will not part it out if it is something someone would want to restore. The pics never tell the story but for the parts on the car is looks like a deal. I go to get it tomorrow but I do need to find some medication for this problem or the neighbors are going to shoot me.

David

David,

There are worse problems to have...sounds like fun to me. Good thing that I flat out don't have room for more than two cars or I would have the same problem as you. How about pulling out the Mach 1 and cleaning it up and taking for a drive before you buy anymore...lol

Glad you have the interest, time, space, and funds...great way to enjoy your retirement!

Sounds to me like you have it backwards: you have it good!

I think we are kindred spirits. I've bought 9 Mach 1s and a 73 vert over the last 4 years. ;)

A few were parts cars and others I sold for what I had in them.

I'm envious of your convertible collection. So does the new one just need floors? I'd rather have a 72 than a 73 ecause I have tons and tons of 72 parts and only some 73. I guess the good thing about my vert is that it's complete.

I think we are kindred spirits. I've bought 9 Mach 1s and a 73 vert over the last 4 years. ;)

A few were parts cars and others I sold for what I had in them.

I'm envious of your convertible collection. So does the new one just need floors? I'd rather have a 72 than a 73 ecause I have tons and tons of 72 parts and only some 73. I guess the god thing about my vert is that it's complete.
I will know more tomorrow when I go to pick it up. He seems like he has limited experience and was afraid to tackle the floors. I was just looking for windshield, rear inner panels and A post inners and this came up. Had been there since first of April. The windows are worth more than the price. Hate to part it so will look it over good and post pictures and is someone wants to make it worth it I will sell and go look for my pieces.

David

David,

There are worse problems to have...sounds like fun to me. Good thing that I flat out don't have room for more than two cars or I would have the same problem as you. How about pulling out the Mach 1 and cleaning it up and taking for a drive before you buy anymore...lol

Glad you have the interest, time, space, and funds...great way to enjoy your retirement!
I need the garage to work on doing that but hung up finding 50 truck loads of fill dirt to level out the site. Thought I would have a garage by the end of April but will be lucky to have site ready.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know what you find. I'm only 1.5 hours away, and my car barn is nearly done. I still need some sheet metal, and a bunch of other parts, too. Perhaps we can work something out. The wife keeps talking about visiting a quilt store in Hendersonville, so maybe we can meet up one day, check out your collection, and talk about cars. :)

Ron

Back