I think we should all be ready for the China Virus

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Detroit metro area and if you ask me this has been blown way out of proportion. Yes it it a bad virus and yes it has and still is killing a lot of people, but so does influenza, heart attacks, cancer, car crashes and so on. If it’s so bad then why did all of the extra facilities they set up around here barely had any people come in? One place with a 1000 beds had 200 and another one had 500 beds and only 9 were used. Then we have a very large hospital that totally closes and sends patients with covid somewhere else! I just don’t get it. What a mess.

I also think that we are just going to have to learn to live with this somehow and hopefully someday they can come up with a vaccine for it. I really do feel bad for people that have died from this. According to the CDC at least 24-64k people die in the US each year from the flu. Pretty wide range but I think the figures get skewed from non reporting issues and the same thing is happening with this covid 19.

They need to lighten up on some of the restrictions they have and yes, I do think we all need to keep a safe distance from each other for now. Hope the country can start getting back to work! Just my 2 cents worth and I hope everyone gets through this ok.

I saw on tv here that hospitals in NYC had (have?) patients lying in the hallways due to shortage of space... When hospitals in hot spots here started to overflow we moved patients around the country and even to another country. You folks should ask questions about why this aint happening for the people left in hallways...

I live in the Detroit metro area and if you ask me this has been blown way out of proportion. Yes it it a bad virus and yes it has and still is killing a lot of people, but so does influenza, heart attacks, cancer, car crashes and so on. If it’s so bad then why did all of the extra facilities they set up around here barely had any people come in? One place with a 1000 beds had 200 and another one had 500 beds and only 9 were used. Then we have a very large hospital that totally closes and sends patients with covid somewhere else! I just don’t get it. What a mess.

I also think that we are just going to have to learn to live with this somehow and hopefully someday they can come up with a vaccine for it. I really do feel bad for people that have died from this. According to the CDC at least 24-64k people die in the US each year from the flu. Pretty wide range but I think the figures get skewed from non reporting issues and the same thing is happening with this covid 19.

They need to lighten up on some of the restrictions they have and yes, I do think we all need to keep a safe distance from each other for now. Hope the country can start getting back to work! Just my 2 cents worth and I hope everyone gets through this ok.

I saw on tv here that hospitals in NYC had (have?) patients lying in the hallways due to shortage of space... When hospitals in hot spots here started to overflow we moved patients around the country and even to another country. You folks should ask questions about why this aint happening for the people left in hallways...

Not
 sure where you saw that. The hospital that the Army set up in the Javits Center and the USN Hospital ShiComfort were definitely underutilized.

Emperor, uh Governor, Cuomo was very concerned (and rightly so) early on that the NYC hospital system would be overrun but that never happened.

Mike   

I'm not sure how your media is in Europe, but here in the states our mainstream media (MSM) tries to present everything in the worst possible light, going for maximum shock and entertainment value.  There is very little accurate portrayal of the news here.  They are trying to shape people's opinions based on the directives of the billionaires who own the media companies.

Got this emailed to me from a friend.  Fell on deaf ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDC5L7qYUcjust
Thank you for posting this video. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. How can we hit the nail on head in 2005 and then 15 years later forget how to hit again?  I personally think we have done the best job we could with what was handed to us. There will always be good and bad decisions made depending who you ask. This could have killed millions and still might if we stop the social distancing to soon. I get the business end because I have been there through bad stuff in business......... but this is worse than anything I have seen or been up against in my lifetime. Flat out shutting the doors will destroy a business in short order. The Government reacted with stimulus........ nobody else in the past has done that. Did it fix it? maybe Not? but it was at least attempted.  I feel for everyone in these tough times but I feel the most for the first responders who didnt hesitate to react to whatever came there way. You may need to look that responder in the eye and say please help me.....I hope not.

Overhere in the Netherlands we are starting to very, very slowly start working towards the "new normal". First changes will be reopening daycare and school for small kids. Apparantly kids hardly suffer and do not spread as much as teenagers and adults. This comes from a scientific report published today. Our prime minister will announce changes tonight on national tv. All other precautions like keeping distance, work from home, stay at home as much as possible and not being allowed to visit elderly homes will stay in effect. Also all entertainment remains closed as do shops where client and owner have physical contact with the exception of those that have enough protection like the dentist.

I saw the protesters in the US on the news here. Hospital personnel was blocking them. Those protesters.... I was going to write something bad but I wouldn't want to offend anybody  ;-) Hospital staff, esp. the ones working in the ICU, deserve a medal.

Stay safe everybody!
Vinnie,

We do have some idiots here that still believe this is all a hoax and not real. They say that nobody can tell them to stay home that this is America and you can't do that so they go out and gather in protests. Our only hope for people like that is they get the virus and will thin them out so that we have a better place to live.

The health care workers and workers at the grocery are the soldiers in this battle for sure. People staying away from them is the only thing we can do to help. We have had several of our retirement homes here get the virus in and once in it is difficult to control. I did not see a new number last night. Due to this being a big retirement area we do have lots of older people. 

Good to hear your area starting to come back to normal. Our stay at home has been extended two more weeks at least.
David... really

"Our only hope for people like that is they get the virus and will thin them out so that we have a better place to live."

While I do not agree with the protesters I sure as hell don't wish DEATH on them

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinnie,

We do have some idiots here that still believe this is all a hoax and not real. They say that nobody can tell them to stay home that this is America and you can't do that so they go out and gather in protests. Our only hope for people like that is they get the virus and will thin them out so that we have a better place to live.

The health care workers and workers at the grocery are the soldiers in this battle for sure. People staying away from them is the only thing we can do to help. We have had several of our retirement homes here get the virus in and once in it is difficult to control. I did not see a new number last night. Due to this being a big retirement area we do have lots of older people. 

Good to hear your area starting to come back to normal. Our stay at home has been extended two more weeks at least.
David... really

"Our only hope for people like that is they get the virus and will thin them out so that we have a better place to live."

While I do not agree with the protesters I sure as hell don't wish DEATH on them
Agreed.  You're kind of pushin' the boundaries there, David.  I've received a few PMs with concern for this manner of thinking.  Please take a moment to think about what you're posting in the future.  Many understand the context and sentiment, and that you are probably not literally wishing death on people, but there are a lot of readers where English is not their first language to consider - with things getting lost in the translation and so forth.  

While we all generally don't hold anybody's opinions against them, exercising caution in sharing such controversial things publicly needs to be the rule, not the exception.  Understand that we have many different cultures and generations represented here - let's make sure we continue to not offend others as a rule.

I can honestly say without reservation that wishing death upon people and offending others is most definitely not in the best interest of, nor supported by the forums.

Overhere in the Netherlands we are starting to very, very slowly start working towards the "new normal". First changes will be reopening daycare and school for small kids. Apparantly kids hardly suffer and do not spread as much as teenagers and adults. This comes from a scientific report published today. Our prime minister will announce changes tonight on national tv. All other precautions like keeping distance, work from home, stay at home as much as possible and not being allowed to visit elderly homes will stay in effect. Also all entertainment remains closed as do shops where client and owner have physical contact with the exception of those that have enough protection like the dentist.

I saw the protesters in the US on the news here. Hospital personnel was blocking them. Those protesters.... I was going to write something bad but I wouldn't want to offend anybody  ;-) Hospital staff, esp. the ones working in the ICU, deserve a medal.

Stay safe everybody!
Vinnie,

David... really

Are you fn kidding me? You are wishing death on people for protesting? What the hell is wrong with you? People have the right to protest in this country, it’s called free speech! Whether they are right or wrong it doesn’t matter, but you don’t have to wish death on them. Pretty jerky statements you are making here.

I am protesting against our governor cause she is extending this stay at home order for two more weeks. So, what now you want me dead?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this pretty much covers it all. 

Unlike COVID-19 - I'm thinking this one's run its course.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back